Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

Re: Pick 6: Reece Conca

Harry said:
polec who? will be twice the player. exciting times.

Indeed H

Am so much more comfortable with this pick than Polec who has a very decent chance to bomb INO.

The respective teams supporters will be far more comfortable with the ball in Conca's hands than Polecs.

Re: Pick 6: Reece "Squirrel" Conca

Your earlier call of likening him to Scully seems pretty accurate, Navy. While disposing of it beautifully, seems always to be running to the next best position, and at speed.

Connors to Contin to Cotchin to Conca to Collins Grigg

Agree with someone who said before he reminds them of Trengove from Melbourne. Movement and kicking seems very similar, perhaps he has a bit toe. Think Trengove will be a superstar so if he even comes close to him we have a bargain.

Eat the rich said:
Your earlier call of likening him to Scully seems pretty accurate, Navy. While disposing of it beautifully, seems always to be running to the next best position, and at speed.

Yeah Scully all over style wise isnt he ETR...

Tigers of Old said:
That is quite a different clip from the generic one on the AFL site. Looks an absolute beauty!

My thoughts exactly ToO. I was sceptical about selecting him prior to 7pm tonight but after seeing that extended hilights package, I couldn't be happier. Love his poise and awareness (in the footage). Knows when to give, when to go...keeps his kicks low when hitting a player up. Seems to have guts and endurance...

Again, couldn't be happier. Would love to see him in the number 24!

You guys are killing me, stop talking up the highlights package

Bloody AFL/Bigpond :mad:

As others have asked is there any way of seeing our draftees highlights from overseas?

74231_1489568161174_1293062035_31168015_3083234_n.jpg

Hardwick is 180cm. Conco doesn't look 185cm.

Booze, if u look at the top 10 lineup pic, Conca doesn't look that much shorter than Polec who is supposed to be 187 I think. It's pretty hard from these sort of photos. Plus Hardwick has high heels on in this pic.

The Sun had him at 182cm.

Maybe it was just "A Bad Fur Day".

Alright, last night I was underwhelmed. This morning I watched his full length video on the RFC site- I love him. The handpass he gave off about the 6 min mark in the video while playing WAFL seniors made me gasp with amazement, it was chimptacular.

Jumping on the hype train, there are a few things that stand out
1. His kicking motion is beautiful and he weighs passes beautifully (an underrated skill for mine)
2. His vision in packs is superb.
2. He dominated in his seven WAFL games, 13th in the league in disposals per game. That is outstanding for a kid http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/colts/web/player_profile?pid=96277

jb03 said:
Don't get the point of the psych testing. Pretty sure Martin would have tested poorly. Just watch them play.

Martin would have tested ok, it's more about resilience than smarts. Physc can be important, this bloke was a #2 draft pick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMe0Rz1frdE

Barnzy said:
74231_1489568161174_1293062035_31168015_3083234_n.jpg

Hardwick is 180cm. Conco doesn't look 185cm.

You think that is a worry? I've noticed his skin is very fair, could be an issue with global warming and the intensity of UV rays.

One quote from FJ was that "we watched every game he played this year live ". We sure have come a long way from picking JON at 8 from a highlights package.

Absolutely wrapt we picked this kid up. Will be an absolute gem!! :clap

We may have just got ourselves another Cotchin!! :spin

Conca looks really promising from the highlights package. Great to hear the club saw every game he played live.

Does anyone have his results from the draft combine?