Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

Re: Pick 6: Reece "Squirrel" Conca

Club is finally starting to draft some leaders!! This kid will be in the leadership group in no time.

Very happy!!

Sintiger said:
One quote from FJ was that "we watched every game he played this year live ". We sure have come a long way from picking JON at 8 from a highlights package.

Did we watch anyone else though.

Barnzy said:
Agree with someone who said before he reminds them of Trengove from Melbourne. Movement and kicking seems very similar, perhaps he has a bit toe. Think Trengove will be a superstar so if he even comes close to him we have a bargain.

would be me Jimmy, but after watching the highlights more can also see a little Stephen Hill there, particularly with the action where he holds the ball up and aims it with his arms before he kicks.

TigerFurious said:
Conca looks really promising from the highlights package. Great to hear the club saw every game he played live.

Does anyone have his results from the draft combine?

Didn't test in the physical tests as he was injured (spurs on his foot from memory). Excelled in the reflex tests and in the club interview though apparently.

Baloo said:
Connors to Contin to Cotchin to Conca to Collins Grigg

All makes sense now, we lost two 'C's, Collins and Cousins. Needed a replacement 'C' as soon as possible.

Just watched his 7min highlights package, reminds me of a young Ben Cousins.
Very excited about his prospects.

Re: Pick 6: Reece Conca

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Jumping on the hype train, there are a few things that stand out
1. His kicking motion is beautiful and he weighs passes beautifully (an underrated skill for mine)
2. His vision in packs is superb.

Agree - I was watching this thinking Jack is going to love playing with this kid.

The point of the psych testing is to make sure players are competitive and will work hard when things get tough. No good having talent if you don't make the most of it or blame other people when things go wrong. I'm sure Martin tested out as a pretty determined young man.

Ty Esler said:
Agree - I was watching this thinking Jack is going to love playing with this kid.

Absolutely, Jack's going to get it lace out on the chest from him.

Ty Esler said:

The point of the psych testing is to make sure players are competitive and will work hard when things get tough. No good having talent if you don't make the most of it or blame other people when things go wrong. I'm sure Martin tested out as a pretty determined young man.

Tambling musta got a D- and we still took him.

Choco i'm glad someone else noticed the way he moved was like cousins. That was my first impression.

I probably would have liked Heppell, but was very impressed that Francis said they had seen every game Conca had played LIVE this year.

In terms of research, it beats my You tube and Foxtel based opinion any day.

Impressive highlights package. The kid looks like a bargain. Pace, Skills, vision and not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Welcome to Tigerland

If you are ever in Perth and after a cheap meal with really good food, you should try the family Restaurant, called Conca's funnily enough.

One of those places which has basic decor, but fantastic food.

Eat the rich said:
This kid will be the player we were hoping Richie would be. Trading him out makes absolute sense now.

Good call I think... the recruiters knew who they were getting weeks ago.. so they created a best 22 slot to fit the guy in so he can have the spot to develop into. Well put.

craig said:
Tuck and Jackson hopefully will be relegated to depth players going forward before they are either traded or delisted.

Thats when the Tiges will rise up the ladder.
I wonder if Jacko is really going to degrade as fast as you (and a few other posters are suggesting).. he's the negater type that any good team must have... He can win his own ball, but now he won't have to kick it as often, and he can leave that to the cream midfield we're establishing. Tuck is now depth - agree. But in any good midfielder there's a foot-soldier who earns the bruise and can focus on the other team's players. I would think Jackson falls into this category?