Reigning Premier joins hunt for Sydney speedster Zak Jones | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reigning Premier joins hunt for Sydney speedster Zak Jones

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Bugger. Would have been good for us. Suited our style and would have been best 22 despite the naysayers.

Ellis compo was definitely aside for him.

Ah well - Onwards and upwards.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When they interviewed him he did say..
'Stkilda is a great club and it has a better list"

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Bugger. Would have been good for us. Suited our style and would have been best 22 despite the naysayers.

Geez leysy you had one too many boags after the GF. You normally are spot on but this is another Collins moment.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Engaging my internal Zips...

"His a cat".

Cats don't like water.

Less chance of playing in the rain if you play most of your home games at Donald Duck Arena, under the closed roof.

In the famous words of Sir Zip.
His Shiitt

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Seen plenty of him. Not someone we would normally pick these days due to his poor disposal. Not only that would have had to give up a lot for him and pay him overs, something I don't think we can afford with our salary cap. We need to now be mindful of this with our trades as we need to cover back-ended contracts of Lynch and Dusty and still have movement to retain younger players.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
From Gestapo website:

Balme also said interest in Zak Jones was overplayed and the Tigers didn't have the capabilities to bring in a player of his quality.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We can't fit all our midfield talent in right now. We still need to look to the future with KPP forwards and backs.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
From Gestapo website:

Balme also said interest in Zak Jones was overplayed and the Tigers didn't have the capabilities to bring in a player of his quality.

You know that Balme is talking shiitt. “Player of WHAT? Quality??? Don’t think so.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I thought our stance was IF the deal falls through with Saints we will entertain the option.

We have our own bigger version of Jones in KMac and also Menadue and both can't crack the team!

Anyway I really hope he goes to the saints so we don't even go there!

Last edited:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I thought our stance was IF the deal falls through with Saints we will entertain the option.

We have our own bigger version of Jones in KMac and even he can't crack the team!

Anyway I really hope he goes to the saints so we don't even go there!
Please Saints. Get the deal over the line.

Then I can say Bullet Dodged.