Richmond Academy zone prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Academy zone prospect

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ty Esler said:
We now have the same access to players from our Academy - ie same bidding rules as northern clubs. Difference is we have a smaller pool of player in our Academy as we're restricted to indigenous and multicultural boys. For 2016 we could only draft them if they went undrafted through the national and rookie drafts - last year guys from our Academy went at picks 12, 43 and 50 but we couldn't get them

ah, ok I get your point now & you are totally correct

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
ISN,T it also for under privillaged kids whom can also be drafted,no matter where their born,as long as we are basically the reason they are playing.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
So had the rules for academy player draft eligibility as of now been in place for the 2016 draft we could have bid for both Rutagolea and Kirby?

Sounds alright if so.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dyer'ere said:
So had the rules for academy player draft eligibility as of now been in place for the 2016 draft we could have bid for both Rutagolea and Kirby?

Sounds alright if so.
Also Simpkin

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Simpkin is the one that hurts. Watched him closely tonight and think he will become very special. Reads the play very well. Seems to have time with the ball in hand and wonderful in heavy traffic.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
My North mates are lovin Simpkin and the fact we could have had him if he was 12 months older.

Does anybody know if that was Dang that played for the VFL side on Friday ?

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
CC TIGER said:
My North mates are lovin Simpkin and the fact we could have had him if he was 12 months older.

Does anybody know if that was Dang that played for the VFL side on Friday ?

No mate, it was Thomas Jok, been training all summer trying to get a spot on our VFL list

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Kaelen Walker is a prospect. Just turned 17 his knees are being rested this year next year is his draft year

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
There was an Aboriginal kid who came down to Tooleybuc last season, played i think 7 games and kicked 66 goals, then headed back because he didn't like the colder weather.

My family background is from the region, and a cousin was winning every award going at the footy carnivals across the country last year.

He's now with the Bendigo Pioneers TAC U/16's side and going very well.

He's a Richmond fan, like the rest of us, but extremely short. Hell of a goer though. (Lucas Caccaviello)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks for the info Frick, makes for a good read.

If you haven't already, zap it through to the recruiting team at the RFC. :)

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
frickenel said:
There was an Aboriginal kid who came down to Tooleybuc last season, played i think 7 games and kicked 66 goals, then headed back because he didn't like the colder weather.

My family background is from the region, and a cousin was winning every award going at the footy carnivals across the country last year.

He's now with the Bendigo Pioneers TAC U/16's side and going very well.

He's a Richmond fan, like the rest of us, but extremely short. Hell of a goer though. (Lucas Caccaviello)

Hey Frick, Ive PM'ed you an email address

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Talking up Maurice jnr tonight on 3aw. Said he's 15 and talk of him being best rioli yet.

Also said he can choose freo as well as us, thats why we need to get him down here soon. Daniel came down when he was 14, hopefully next year for Maurice jnr. Richo was on the show but was staying tight lipped.

Also caught the tail end of them talking about Dan's contract extension, pretty much a done deal.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ripplestick said:
Talking up Maurice jnr tonight on 3aw. Said he's 15 and talk of him being best rioli yet.

Also said he can choose freo as well as us, thats why we need to get him down here soon. Daniel came down when he was 14, hopefully next year for Maurice jnr. Richo was on the show but was staying tight lipped.

Also caught the tail end of them talking about Dan's contract extension, pretty much a done deal.

Does anyone know if Maurice Jnr knows Daniel?