Richmond Ruck Stocks 2020 and Beyond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Ruck Stocks 2020 and Beyond

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah I’m the same and have been for a while.

Miller has moved ahead in that second ruck role, he owns it. Samson‘s VFL stats are interesting.

But we’ve seen ruckman show glimpses at VFL and not be able to translate it to AFL.
Plenty of undersized rucks as competition to skew vfl stats

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Really like what Miller brings to the table as 2nd ruck. Has the pace go forward and really trouble a tiring ruckman, that pace will allow him to get back when the likes of Jackson run forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’m a huge Soldo fan.
Miller in front due to flexibility especially forward

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’m a huge Soldo fan.
Miller in front due to flexibility especially forward
Yep, I'm a fan of Soldo too, but for flexibility it has to be Nank & Miller or Soldo & Miller, we're too slow with Nank and Soldo in the same side.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
List management based on premiership teams would say that the overwhelming formula for success is you need a middle of the road ruckman who is physical and aggressive.

Is that Ryan?

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
List management based on premiership teams would say that the overwhelming formula for success is you need a middle of the road ruckman who is physical and aggressive.

Is that Ryan?
That's Soldo way more than Ryan right now.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Samson's years away from leading an AFL ruck division. But not so far off making an impact as a forward/2nd ruck. If he levels up again from last year he could be a real handful for defences hoping to double-team Lynch.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Is that Ryan?
While obviously not as developed at the same age, Ryan should be looking to follow Brad Ottens development. Starting as lighter mobile forward/ ruck before becoming a full time ruck in the mid to late 20s when a lot heavier.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Is that Ryan?
I reckon, like everything else, recent premierships show all types of rucks can win flags.
Stanley isnt physical or aggressive, and barely middle of the road.
Gawn isnt overly physical or aggressive but is the best ruck in the league.
Nank yes.
Lycett for the Weagles i wouldnt think is overly physical or aggressive.
Roughhead and Boyd dont really fit that category.
McEvoy yes, Hale no.

Thats just off the top of my head over the last 10 years.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Samson's years away from leading an AFL ruck division. But not so far off making an impact as a forward/2nd ruck. If he levels up again from last year he could be a real handful for defences hoping to double-team Lynch.
That looks the case atm

I like the idea of having Miller , Ryan , Balta , Biggy in the team in 12-24 months time that would give us so much flexibility with these talls rotating through Ruck / Fwd / Defence