Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm

Disagree on your first two points, cumbers has kicked 27 goals and 21 points in his 18 games. Furthermore has laid 40 tackles in 18 games.

From his 18 games * Includes 1 game as an unused substitute, 3 games as an activated substitute, and 1 game subbed off.

Agree with your last two points regarding resilience and body language, the body; language just gets down on himself when he makes mistakes. This all started from Hardwick picking on all his deficiencies and then you have Maurice Junior who Hardwick wouldn't say anything about even when he was stinking it up.

On a positive, we do seem to have once again built up a good core of small to med size forwards> Cumberland, Sonsie, Steely Green, Campbell, Coulthard, Mansell, Clarke & Junior (Lefau tallish but can play short due to his speed and mobility)

Anyway, he has enough weapons to make the best 22. Is strong and fit and knows how to find the right spots in forward 50

Rising Star Years Statistical Rankings​
● 1st among rising stars in Goals Per Game in 2022 ● 2nd among rising stars in Score Involvements Per Game in 2022
● 4th among rising stars in Goal Assists Per Game in 2022 ● 3rd among rising stars in Total Goals in 2022
● 5th among rising stars in Total Goal Assists in 2022
Naturally I agree with all you have said, including his weaknesses (although I think they are embellished). I reckon he tackles better than Sons for example

But we appear to be on the losing team Astute - with the RFC coaches on the other team.!

So I have my white flag ready. Although I am thinking he may be a left-field 'in' for ground zero, the secret weapon Dimma hasn't planned for, would be great.

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised that Trezise is an emergency, I would've thought that he is more like for like with Vlastuin.
Geez we are pumping up Trezise a lot. I know he is a promising player but nothing tells me he is stepping into the seniors without 2-3 injuries at this stage

Reactions: 1 users
Ryam and miller ?
Id rather another look at sonsie and cumberland
They’d be trying to settle the team for first game of the regular season and won’t be wanting to make wholesale changes from tonight for the Gold Coast game.

If Sonsie was available for first two rounds he’d be playing tonight, and so would Cumberland if they had him pencilled in for the first game. The fact he’s not even an emergency says to me he might not have impressed Yze and the other coaches enough during the preseason or perhaps they just want to inject some debutants in Seth and Steely to change the feel and light a fire under Maurice and Noah.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Concussion
Good call. Concerned about NV. They will be watching his progress closely. Wouldn't surprise if he spends a lot of time on the bench this year, as the coaches give increased game time to Brown, Gibcus and Miller.

Geez we are pumping up Trezise a lot. I know he is a promising player but nothing tells me he is stepping into the seniors without 2-3 injuries at this stage
Interesting selection. Haven't actually seen any of the preseason live, but it still wouldn't surprise if he is included for the GC came. Kicking a little scratchy but in all other respects late last year, he looked like a 100+gamer.

Whats everyones expectations, a win? I know only praccy match but another win would be great for the team morale leading into round 0

Managed from what??
Is he still having Concussion issues??
I'm worried that he might have had too many Concussions and they are monitoring him

Think you might be right mate, I don't think he has been the same since Dangerfield got him.

• Angry
Think you might be right mate, I don't think he has been the same since Dangerfield got him.
Yes is this the start of Clubs reducing risk - Nick was great the other day, is obviously ready to go for round 0, so why play a seasoned star like him in a Praccy, with his concussion history?

How far in before KK or Dima appear to write off the season.

8 Mins first qtr ?

Our pre season is done if we drop this one !

But if we win…well… it’s still done. I guess.

The 30 minute Fox Footy lead in to the this game has been 5 minutes Richmond and 25 minutes Bumwood.

Ffs these *smile* yellow jumpers again.

What have they done wrong ? Like both of them & with a few seasons under their belt should be mature enough to make top side.
No ryan and miller are gonna make it and done nothing wrong.
I just wanted to see cumbo get a full game so we could see were he is at .Jurirs still out .But if he played cracking game tonight things would change.
Sonsie to .

Anyway ....no big deal