RIP gustiger12 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RIP gustiger12

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
This one PM seven years ago from a fellow Richmond supporter here in Chiang Mai changed both my family and my life forever. I called and Gus came around and into our lives. The best mate anyone could ask for and such a dedicated Richmond Supporter.

Beautifully said CMT.
His generosity knew no bounds and nothing was too much trouble. Just a genuinely great person.
Leo's all round for Gus's life mate. :beer

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Really sad news. Enjoyed Gus's posts. Was a gentlemen on PRE and I am sure one in person.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
This one PM seven years ago from a fellow Richmond supporter here in Chiang Mai changed both my family and my life forever. I called and Gus came around and into our lives. The best mate anyone could ask for and such a dedicated Richmond Supporter.

Condolences to you too Ian... always sad when someone who changes your life in a positive way passes.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Very Sad news for all PRE members. Condolences to his family and friends. To TOO and CMT, some very touching words, your feeling for Gus comes through as does the quality of the man himself.

RIP Gus, enjoy a drink with Jack, Maurice and the other Tiger Legends in heaven, you will be in fine company when our next premiership comes around.

Jimmy_12

The Mansfield Monster!
Jul 19, 2004
Glen Iris
Far out. I don't consider myself as much of a hardcore PREnder as many who've posted on this thread but I certainly knew who Gus was (although not personally as some obviously did). Always enjoyed reading his posts and it seems he knew a great player when he saw one. Condolences to his family and all those who knew him. R.I.P.

richo_richo man

Fortune Favours the Brave - Eat Em Alive
Nov 10, 2007
Terribly sad news about such a passionate and dedicated tiger man and a much respected poster on PRE. Deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends. CMT - I feel your loss and stay strong brother, I know how hard it is to find the right words to say when you lose someone who has such an impact on your life but you put it beautifully. Gustiger, watch from above mate as your beloved tigers will soon rise again and claim that most elusive 11th Premiership.

R.I.P

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Wow - awful news. Just came on after being away and saw the News Box. RIP Gus. Condolences to his family.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
I do not know how I missed this post. I am so very sorry to all PRE'ders who knew Gus for your loss. Also to his family and friends.

I loved reading his well balanced posts on the Tigers and will sadly miss him around the boards. RIP my PRE matey! Sorry it is a bit late :'(

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Sad news, only met Gus once with Chiang Mai Tiger but he was a true gentlemen who respected all the players at the RFC (despite their obvious shortcomings). As Gus said to me that day, anyone who has made it onto an AFL list has achieved far more than any of us could even dream about, and for that reason alone, they deserve to be recognised accordingly.

That was the nature of the man, and that is something we could all remind ourselves about when things don't pan out the way we expect.

Hope you manage to catch a few games from the clouds Gus, the Tiger will roar once again.