Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Broady was great. So was Vlastuin but I thought Robbie was our best defender again last night. He's playing fantastic footy.
Watching him live at the ground dies justice to how this bloke plays. His defensive positioning is first class and his ability to close on an opponent is the same.

He doesn’t play like a 32 year old.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Watching him live at the ground dies justice to how this bloke plays. His defensive positioning is first class and his ability to close on an opponent is the same.

He doesn’t play like a 32 year old.

This was why I was so defensive of him earlier in the season when numerous people in this forum were bagging him out. He's actually a lot better live than you see on the TV. His last few weeks though have been a step up from where he was and he is easily our best defender right now.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I don't know how much we're paying him, but whatever it is, we're getting a bargain.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Would be good to have a private conversation with Robbie about the differing cultures of the 2 clubs , he’s had time to see the affects of the Richmond man stuff , mindfulness and the multicultural aspects

A comment like that from Jack suggests to me that internally Robbie is working hard to fit in and being self less and it is recognized

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Would be good to have a private conversation with Robbie about the differing cultures of the 2 clubs , he’s had time to see the affects of the Richmond man stuff , mindfulness and the multicultural aspects

A comment like that from Jack suggests to me that internally Robbie is working hard to fit in and being self less and it is recognized
Indeed - and interesting too if a bloke like CCJ was part of the conversation as well

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As reported has a hip injury heading into round 1..Meehan gave no clear indication as to time lines. A few too many eggs in the aging Tarrant basket & it may have come home to roost.
Safe to say not ideal! :confused:

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
As reported has a hip injury heading into round 1..Meehan gave no clear indication as to time lines. A few too many eggs in the aging Tarrant basket & it may have come home to roost.
Safe to say not ideal! :confused:
Agreed we keep harping on as to how many key defenders we have but in reality we may need to bring in a Biggy or Young to take his role or play a lighter tall on one of Carlton's bigs considering Gibcus is out

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We’re managing Tarrant through another geriatric year. I’m interested in the scoop on the hip. If it’s chewed out or a flexor or what. Luckily we get some pretty good medical opinion on PRE.

That said we have Balta fit now and gaining experience and Miller training all over the park. Young has plenty of fans. These are pretty mature stocks. And exposure to senior pressure early in the season would be good.

I’m ok with nursing Tarrant early on.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tarrant not sighted in the firsts so far this season, listed as indefinite the last 2 weeks, not looking good. Mid season draft coming up in 4 weeks. Will we see him retire before then to open up a spot? There’s not much point in persisting with him, 34 now, still several weeks away if at all.

I wasn’t a fan of recruiting 33 year olds as L2R2TR stats showed they played on average 22 games at their second club. Tarrant has played 20 and probably won’t add to this tally.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
We are still ahead on the trade...
20 games vs 11
CCJ still potentially has 6-8 years left so no doubt he will eventually draw ahead