Robin Nahas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robin Nahas

TigerForce said:
Well done on Robbie to get to Norf. Probably shows he didn't get on with coach(es) to get a game rather than form.

Well that is a cop out. You will never get along with everyone in your life. But if you work with them you need to develop a psoitive working relationship. TBH I think Nahas will get along with Scott even less.

Well every player i wanted gone from Richmond is now no longer with the club

Next year i will be looking very closely at Matt Dea,Ben Griffiths,Bradley Helbig,Jake King,Chris Newman,David Astbury,Aaron Edwards,Chris Knights,Ricky Petterd
Thats 9 players im sure i will find 4/5 players that i will be pushing to get moved on

turk-d-tiger said:

Next year i will be looking very closely at Matt Dea,Ben Griffiths,Bradley Helbig,Jake King,Chris Newman,David Astbury,Aaron Edwards,Chris Knights,Ricky Petterd
Thats 9 players im sure i will find 4/5 players that i will be pushing to get moved on

Or they could all have great years & you will find yourself supporting them turk! :)

turk-d-tiger said:

I'd be surprised if less than 4 of those won't be on our list next year. Newman, King and Edwards gone for sure I'd say (age as much as anything else). Dea, Griffiths, Astbury on their last chance to prove themselves.

I wish Nahas well at North Melbourne.
That said, it is my opinion that the Tigers would never be serious contenders if he was in the mix for the best 22.

Good luck to Robin, hope he does well at the Roos. RFC moved him on with good reason as to where the list is at right at the minute and where he currently sits in that pecking order.

Funny announcement from Norf - talking about Robbies forward pressure and pace and the tackling machine that he is.

Liked him as a player in 2012 when he was kicking goals, but this last year he was hopeless - totally lacking in confidence. Saying that, can't remember him laying too many tackles, but I do remember him holding on to players to little effect. Forward pressure was not his strong suit.

2013 - 11 tackles in 6 games
2012 - 83 tackles in 22 games
2011 - 94 tackles in 22 games
2010 - 64 tackles in 14 games
2009 - 75 tackles in 19 games

North have summed it up quite well, was solid defensively then lost interest

Also was found out as being one sided
Peaked in 2011 in disposals etc etc, was about 70% in 2012 and gone in 2013
Just an average AFL career unless he really fires up in vertical blue and white stripes

Too easily brushed aside by defenders when playing forward & too light to play in the middle
No loss just not upto it

I was never really a fan of nahas's style of play.

good luck to him though, sometimes I like seeing where we're at as a coaching group by seeing how players play at other clubs

Will be watching whitey, nahas and mcguane with interest to see if they get more out of themselves under different coaches

billyb#40 said:
2013 - 11 tackles in 6 games
2012 - 83 tackles in 22 games
2011 - 94 tackles in 22 games
2010 - 64 tackles in 14 games
2009 - 75 tackles in 19 games

North have summed it up quite well, was solid defensively then lost interest

Also was found out as being one sided
Peaked in 2011 in disposals etc etc, was about 70% in 2012 and gone in 2013
Just an average AFL career unless he really fires up in vertical blue and white stripes
So what happened in 2013 - clearly lost interest / confidence

Quality of tackles more important than number but regardless you could see him slipping in 2012. Maybe thought he had made it after fighting so hard from a rookie spot to gain an AFL spot so lost the drive that got him there in the first place.

How many "holding the ball" decisions go against him. I'm pretty sure he got 4 in one game at the dome against the eagles a couple if years ago.
His not evasive,
He has t got any Zip
And is one sided.

Bon Voyage

rokkafella said:
Will be watching whitey, nahas and mcguane with interest to see if they get more out of themselves under different coaches

It is more than likely they will IMO.

We have shown in recent times with our recruiting of players from other clubs that a change of scene can do wonders.

Streak said:
It is more than likely they will IMO.

We have shown in recent times with our recruiting of players from other clubs that a change of scene can do wonders.

Will see Streak. Didn't work for Tambling, Graham, Polo, Patterson or Collins.

small forward that can't kick on his left, can't kick more than 30m, has no tricks .... sorry to see anyone go but he was not in RFC's future

best of luck

Streak said:
Some salt for the wounds.

Nahas match stats

22 touches, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 8 I50s, 11 contested possessions.

Played well today.

R u serious?
Your not going bring up white and Shultz are you?

Seems like a bit of a gun, hopefully we take a look at him. Whats his contract status? it would be nice if we can poach him under this new free agent thingy.

Others players i would like to see Hartley target: Schulz as we need a goalkicking FF, and that speedy White fella looks pretty promising.

Come to think of it, we probably need to replace Hampson as well. Anyone know who that Derrickx guy agent is?