Robin Nahas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robin Nahas

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We need someone who isn't afraid to work them hard. I'm not advocating doing a Gary Buckenara at the Swans and half killing the side, but it sounds like they don't work hard enough. Who was the last bloke at Tigerland who could really gut run? And Ben Cousins doesn't count, because he learned that somewhere else.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
I don't think we are having trouble running out games, we are having trouble executing our skills/gameplan and our confidence in down.

Anyway, Nahas is no big loss. Front runner, poor disposals and a horrible attitude. Will play ok in a winning team though, so of course his stats looked good over the weekend

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
fastin bulbous said:
Watched a lot of the north game on the weekend and there was nothing in his performance that suggested he has improved.

Thats the truth. Lacks any sort of penetration with his kicking and he takes an eternity to get onto his right foot. Still cant stick a tackle. Happy for him is he plays finals etc he always gave something when he played.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
D85 said:
I don't think we are having trouble running out games, we are having trouble executing our skills/gameplan and our confidence in down.

Anyway, Nahas is no big loss. Front runner, poor disposals and a horrible attitude. Will play ok in a winning team though, so of course his stats looked good over the weekend
Bet he'll snag a few against us.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watched bits and pieces of the game on Sunday night and he was the same.
*smile* house slow, can't kick footballer he was with us.

3121FC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 23, 2007
TigerForce said:
It was all the same with Wallace. In 2005, when he took over, they trained hard and we did well for the season until Browny broke his leg, but then from 2007 onwards, as the coach and players got to know each other better and closer, we became a holiday resort to just sit back and relax. Just about every pre-season training looked as easy as under 11s training. Players and coaches chatting away and having a few laughs, the light jogs around the oval, a few simple kicks at goal to see who's most accurate......a bloody circus in fact.
thats why l think coaches should only be given 3 years instead of 5 to keep their minds on the job

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
se7en said:
Like they say. If you have a good week at training you tend to play a good game on the weekend.
If we are training like fairies then no wonder we play like it on the weekend.

last time Nahas trained with us we were a side that won 15 games, does that mean we must have been training heard then?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
jesus, people whinge when we keep duds, and whinge when we cut duds, amazing. He's played a few decent games as a depth player, like he did with us.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Problem is Snake, because of the type (i.e. slow) we have replaced them with, the likes of Nahas & White in current form would add a lot to our team right now.

It's obvious the current regime do not rate the quick yet flighty small/medium forwards and prefer the boring industrious guys they can control.

Unfortunately footy doesn't work like that.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
thats a 100% fair point leysy. But at the same time, not having Nahas isn't the problem. FWIW, White hurts, Nahas doesn't, for me at least

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
tigersnake said:
thats a 100% fair point leysy. But at the same time, not having Nahas isn't the problem. FWIW, White hurts, Nahas doesn't, for me at least

I'd agree with that. But even Whitey should've been replaceable, it's just that he wasn't replaced. We are the slowest side in the comp. As I've said before, it's like Dimma has built a side in his own image. Stodgy, slow, unfashionable players with average skills.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
He is garbage, flash in the pan stuff that looks good when your team gets on a run. He was terrible last year with us and deserved to get cut. No doubt there are others still on our list that also have to go, but honestly he is not someone we should be losing any sleep over imo.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigers2011 said:
Not missing Nahas - average player who had his chances with us. White is the one that we miss.

We don't miss white, where have you been? He was here for 7 years, it's like saying we will miss Edwards
Both average