Round 1 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume we can just walk in to the Round 1 game with a home and away membership?

I'm sick of having to reserve tickets for games I should be able to walk into.

DS
Buying a ticket to go to the footy a week before has always done my head in. When it was turn up and get a ticket at the ground I would go to 12 -14 games a year now I struggle to go to 3.
They sell out and then you watch it on TV to only see half the Olympic stand full.
I can't see massive crowds returning.
Maybe Dreamtime and Anzac day but every other weekend there will be empty seat's everywhere.
They will be giving away tickets to Telstra Dom's games. The joint struggled to get crowds before covid. I can't see people turning up now

Reactions: 2 users
Just a reminder to everyone that today is 22/2/2022 with 22 days to go for Season 2022 to start.

• Haha
  • Wow
With talk of where we play Balta or our ruck duo it’s time to re-visit this thread.

Here we go

FB: Vlastuin Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Balta Rioli
C: Macintosh Martin Pickett
HF: Edwards Lynch Lambert
FF: Bolton Riewoldt Stack
Foll: Nankervis Prestia Cotchin
Int: Soldo Broad Baker Graham
Emerg: Ross Gibcus RCD Caddy
So from my team the changes I see from Round 1 are;

Out: Lambert, Stack, Pickett & Graham
In: Ross, Aarts, Castagna, Gibcus

Last edited:
After today, I'm updating to this, which isn't what I would pick, but rather what I think we will:

FB: Vlastuin Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Gibcus Broad
C: Mcintosh Martin Aarts
HF: Edwards Balta Lambert
FF: Bolton Riewoldt Lynch
Int: Ross Rioli Baker Soldo
Emerg: Dow Caddy Pickett Ralphsmith
Can’t see Lambert getting up in time for Round 1.

I am still not sold on the Balta forward experiment but they will play him there for now.

Miller vs Gibcus will be an interesting call.

Reactions: 1 user
Gibcus got a bit of a reality check today, but got better as it went on. Clearly has great attributes, but all the talk about how good you are doesn't help when you concede 15kg and lots of strength.

Miller was ok today I thought, he's like a more athletic Astbury. I'd play him personally but I think the temptation to see Gibcus will prove too great.
It’s a good debate. Personally I would look at Miller playing ahead of Gibcus. I see Miller as a good match up for Curnow.

Reactions: 3 users
Miller was streets ahead of Gibcus today.

I have a feeling our best key back combination could be Balta and Miller with support form Grimes and Broad. Tarrant was quite disappointing.

I assume we can just walk in to the Round 1 game with a home and away membership?

DS

I agree, I don't want to have to reserve tickets for home games, but looks like we have to as the membership cards don't have barcodes again.

DS
My guess is you can but I have a feeling it will be sold out beforehand for a number of reasons. That game usually draws 80,000 plus, first game of the season ( disregarding the night before) plus victorians have been starved from attending a match in person for a long time. You can risk it but I don’t want to take the chance on this one.

I agree, I don't want to have to reserve tickets for home games, but looks like we have to as the membership cards don't have barcodes again.
The membership cards don’t but we should be getting our digital membership card soon which will have our barcode/ QR code which we use to scan in at the gate.

There are only 3 games I’m expecting to have to prebook a ticket for this season, round 1, Anzac Eve and the Dreamtime game. Every other game I would expect to be able to just rock up on the day/night and scan in my membership and sit where I want in the general admission areas

We're getting barcodes but I am still worried about getting a decent seat for Round 1 in particular with so many games we have missed over the last couple of years.

Seriously considering getting a reserved seat for Round 1 and go for walk ins for the other away games in Melbourne.

DS

My guess for rd 1 (should prob wait until this weeks game though)

FB: Miller Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Vlastuin Broad
HF: Edwards Balta Baker
Int: Ross Rioli Soldo Castagna
Emerg: Dow Gibcus Pickett Ralphsmith
Lambert Graham (Inj)

Basically Grimes, Rioli and Cotchin in for Gibcus, Ralphsmith and Dow from last week's starting team.

So with 2 weeks to go and with some recent injuries this is how I think we line up.

FB: Gibcus Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Miller Broad
HF: Edwards Lynch Baker
FF: Bolton Riewoldt Balta
Int: Soldo Rioli Ross Castagna
Emerg: RCD Ralphsmith Dow Aarts

Missing Lambert Vlastuin Graham

My guess for rd 1 (should prob wait until this weeks game though)

FB: Miller Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Vlastuin Broad
HF: Edwards Balta Baker
Int: Ross Rioli Soldo Castagna
Emerg: Dow Gibcus Pickett Ralphsmith
Lambert Graham (Inj)

Basically Grimes, Rioli and Cotchin in for Gibcus, Ralphsmith and Dow from last week's starting team.
Aarts on the wing really? Last year he had an ordinary year. Surely Picket keeps that spot or even Ralph-Smith.

I hope Pickett plays on Cerra.......................................bang !!!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So with 2 weeks to go and with some recent injuries this is how I think we line up.

FB: Gibcus Tarrant Grimes
HB: Short Miller Broad
HF: Edwards Lynch Baker
FF: Bolton Riewoldt Balta
Int: Soldo Rioli Ross Castagna
Emerg: RCD Ralphsmith Dow Aarts

Missing Lambert Vlastuin Graham

Backline looks but top heavy with little rebound Smoker. Tarrant, Miller and Gibcus (yet) will provide very little going the other way and will struggle on smalls.

Confirms shouldn't play all three when see it on paper.

Mansell or Hugo should replace one of them ILO. The former for leysy.

Rioli will also start there which will help somewhat.

Reactions: 1 users
Aarts on the wing really? Last year he had an ordinary year. Surely Picket keeps that spot or even Ralph-Smith.
i would go Pickett, but based on the selections for the Geelong game my guess is that Aarts is ahead.
Ralph-Smith is being groomed as a HBF at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.