Round 1 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backline looks but top heavy with little rebound Smoker. Tarrant, Miller and Gibcus (yet) will provide very little going the other way and will struggle on smalls.

Confirms shouldn't play all three when see it on paper.

Mansell or Hugo should replace one of them ILO. The former for leysy.

Rioli will also start there which will help somewhat.
Rioli will most likely start on the ground and one of Gibcus or Miller on the bench.

I am worried about our match ups for Curnow and McKay. IMO Balta needs to play back. But that wont happen. They will want Grimes to play that intercept role so one of Gibcus or Miller will have a big job ahead of them.

You could be right in one of Gibcus or Miller making way for a small but one will definitely play. Right now I would pick Miller.

Reactions: 1 user
So no Lambo, Graham and probably Vlastuin for R1.

B: Grimes Tarrant Gibcus/Miller
HB: Short Broad Rioli
C: KMac Dusty Marlion
HF: Sheds Balta Bolton
F: Bakes Lynch Jack
R: Nank Cotch Dion
I: Soldo George Hugo/Stack RCD/Ross/Aarts

Reactions: 1 users
At this stage Hugo and Ross will probably play as someone has to do the two way running to cover Graham and Lambo.

Ross might get Grahams defensive mid role or they might even give it to Aarts yes I said Aarts. I say Aarts because he's been playing and running through the middle as opposed to in a FP.

Hugo may fill Lambos role running through half forward and attacking or they again might give it to Aarts or even George.

If Mc Kay misses round one we don't need all that height.

Soldo and Balta still more questions than answers, and for mine at this stage they probably both play and Gibcus and Phantom have to wait.

RCD, Melee, and Stack on the fringe with Caddy at this stage.

A big game this week might make the difference for one or two on the edge.

All will hinge on the setup and how well it works.

Gonna be interesting post match and training next week.

Last edited:
i would go Pickett, but based on the selections for the Geelong game my guess is that Aarts is ahead.
Ralph-Smith is being groomed as a HBF at this point.
I hope we don’t cop any more injuries this week, they are mounting already. The way it’s going Ralph-Smith will be needed somewhere which I think will be a good thing. Big chance to cement a spot

I hope we don’t cop any more injuries this week, they are mounting already. The way it’s going Ralph-Smith will be needed somewhere which I think will be a good thing. Big chance to cement a spot
I reckon Ralphsmith plays if Vlastuin doesnt. otherwise he misses out. (assuming no new injuries.)

At this stage i anticipate the round 1 teams to look something like this:

B: Grimes Tarrant Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Broad Short
C: McIntosh Martin Pickett
HF: Edwards Balta Bolton
F: Riewoldt Lynch Baker
FOLL: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia
INTER: Soldo, Castagna, Ralpshmith, Ross, Sub: Collier-Dawkins
EMERG: Parker, Gibcus, Dow

B: McGovern McDonald Newman
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Setterfield Cripps O'Brien
HF: Owies C.Curnow Fisher
F: Martin McKay Durdin
FOLL: Pittonet, Hewett, Cerra
INTER: E.Curnow, Kennedy, de Koning, Silvagni, Sub: Williamson
EMERG: Young, Dow, Kemp

(Possible inclusions: Walsh, Docherty)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hope the brains trust watched the game last night.
For the first half the Blues looked so good.
Was impressed with their ability to play on and take high marks.
Reminded me of the Tiger team in our premiership years the way they played.
Would not expect on that form that we will walk all over them in round 1.

At this stage i anticipate the round 1 teams to look something like this:

B: Grimes Tarrant Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Broad Short
C: McIntosh Martin Pickett
HF: Edwards Balta Bolton
F: Riewoldt Lynch Baker
FOLL: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia
INTER: Soldo, Castagna, Ralpshmith, Ross, Sub: Collier-Dawkins
EMERG: Parker, Gibcus, Dow

B: McGovern McDonald Newman
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Setterfield Cripps O'Brien
HF: Owies C.Curnow Fisher
F: Martin McKay Durdin
FOLL: Pittonet, Hewett, Cerra
INTER: E.Curnow, Kennedy, de Koning, Williamson, Sub: Dow
EMERG: Silvagni, Young, Stocker

(Possible inclusions: Walsh, Docherty)
Very well balanced line up. Plenty of run which we will need.

watch Carlton fans get cocky now. it reminds me of the Richmond in the dark years... the media rev us up in the leadup to R1. We are all led to believe “its gonna be different this year.” Nek Minnut, get spanked.

watch Carlton fans get cocky now. it reminds me of the Richmond in the dark years... the media rev us up in the leadup to R1. We are all led to believe “its gonna be different this year.” Nek Minnut, get spanked.
I remember those days like it was yesterday.
'Richmond had a terrific preseason and are ready to go" and then a cop a slapping
1990, 1992, 1993, 1996, 2009, the list is huge

I saw about 20 mins last night.
Melbourne look like they haven't had a preseason and Carlton were the same old Carlton who butchered the ball constantly coming out of defensive 50.
Cross roads game. We can't beat a side that basically has 3 good players and the rest are spot fillers. Maybe it's a wake call to Hardwick he shouldve pushed his team management team harder in a securing a ready made mid.
I won't be happy watching a X Carlton doofus in our Box while the Media hail Voss the second coming at Princess Park

Looking at the teams coming through on this thread most still don't have Mansell even in the squad for round 1.

Still reckon he does (and should) play.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.