Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Ticketing and Other Discussion

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
what other stadiums in Australia hold 100 000 people?
50% capacity. At least 75% capacity in all other states. More people are likely going to be watching Freo and Eagles each week.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Compared to the rest of the world it is. Compared to the rest of Australia we have the worst deal.
It's an obvious reflection of the state government's lack of confidence in its own quarantine system. Why are there any restrictions at all unless the government fears the virus may have got out undetected?

There will be a percentage of MCC members, a percentage of AFL members and presumably a percentage of Carlton members. A R1 ticket is going to be as difficult to get as a GF ticket. Maybe more.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
It's an obvious reflection of the state government's lack of confidence in its own quarantine system. Why are there any restrictions at all unless the government fears the virus may have got out undetected?

There will be a percentage of MCC members, a percentage of AFL members and presumably a percentage of Carlton members. A R1 ticket is going to be as difficult to get as a GF ticket. Maybe more.
Everyone - Can we please keep the Anti-Dan, Hotel Quarantine, conspiracy theories, etc conversation to another thread in the appropriate board please.
There's a very quiet portion of the state that must agree with the approach, given how many masks, few fines etc are out there. If I want to go through these topics again, I'll log onto any news site, Facebook or the appropriate forum here.
Pretty well over that conversation these days. Let's stick to footy please!

• Angry
Reactions: 12 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Everyone - Can we please keep the Anti-Dan, Hotel Quarantine, conspiracy theories, etc conversation to another thread in the appropriate board please.
There's a very quiet portion of the state that must agree with the approach, given how many masks, few fines etc are out there. If I want to go through these topics again, I'll log onto any news site, Facebook or the appropriate forum here.
Pretty well over that conversation these days. Let's stick to footy please!
Fair enough General albeit I find myself thinking of this famous quote:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

..... and - to quote another General:

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”

Just saying :(

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Didn't mention Dan or a conspiracy or even left/right. If you know the explanation for not opening the gates to all and it's different to what I suggested, please tell. Genuine question.

People have been starved of footy and if they starve much longer they might not come back. Refer CBD offices.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I think thats fair enough. Vic reserved seat members and Vic MRC members lost the most last season as most kept up their payments and got nothing in return. Both pay for some level of priority access, whether that is priority access to games or priority access to the GF.

I feel like priority should be given to both groups.
All Membership groups should get the same allocation in seperate ballots for each tier. As it stands atm we are 20 days away & MRC GA members have not heard anything about weather or not they'll have a chance to attend while higher tier members are already sorted pending the result of a ballot.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Fair enough General albeit I find myself thinking of this famous quote:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

..... and - to quote another General:

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”

Just saying :(

There's a whole forum for politics and Covid.

I don't see anyone doing anything Evil here, nor any bad standards being set, so not sure the relevance of those quotes. However, that aside, I'm not saying don't debate it, just asking to take it to another thread.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
15K for in total for competing club members?

This would not surprise me but if this is the case then it is disgusting.

Members of all clubs stuck by their clubs last year and if this is the way we are treated the AFL should be ashamed of themselves.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You would hope that number is for GA Members.

If the AFL are grabbing 70% of the tickets themselves there will be a revolt

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't take this as gospel but was told tonight there will be 10K tickets for Richmond members and 5K for Carlton members.
Article in yesterdays Hun had a breakdown of numbers for MCC, AFL members n they get the same 50% of their normal capacity. Then there was about 1thou for corporate sponsors and the competing clubs share. We still get around the 24000 tickets to fight over, it's actually reasonably fair.
Not sure if it was the same article, but I heard or read that there was some negotiating to be done by Benny n Carlscum as to how many tickets we were going to let them have for our home game. Possibly as few as 1000 for them, n that'd be a 1000 to many.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
I am MRC GA & nothing yet either. I'll be pissed off i don't get a chance to go to Rd 1 via ballot etc. & it's all reserve seat Members only.

They need to have every member feeling like they had a good chance at it otherwise they'll never see 100k again
I am sorry but they will people will forget. It’s time every membership was seat anyway.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
15K for in total for competing club members?

This would not surprise me but if this is the case then it is disgusting.

Members of all clubs stuck by their clubs last year and if this is the way we are treated the AFL should be ashamed of themselves.

DS

Hold your fire
Jut wait and see what the actual numbers will be

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You would hope that number is for GA Members.

If the AFL are grabbing 70% of the tickets themselves there will be a revolt
The bloke that told me this (Carlton supporter) was a bit sloshed but he said about 12K MCC, 20-something AFL plus all corporate sponsors will get priority, leaving 15K for club members. His company has reserved Medallion Club/AFL members seats for entertaining.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The bloke that told me this (Carlton supporter) was a bit sloshed but he said about 12K MCC, 20-something AFL plus all corporate sponsors will get priority, leaving 15K for club members. His company has reserved Medallion Club/AFL members seats for entertaining.
Carlscum supporter mighta been a lot sloshed or playin with it, maybe both.
Raaalphy in yesterday's Hun puts it as
11000 MCC members
10000 AFL members
Less than 1000 to corporates
27500 to the club members with the clubs to decide how they split their allocation with the possibility the home clubs will only allow 1000 tickets to the opposition to ensure they get maximum opportunity for their own member base. Bit like what Geelol do to oppo clubs at Crapdinia park.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Just received an email from the club - GA admission with go on sale - perhaps during the week of the game - first option to club members (didn’t say which club although assume rfc) and didn’t say how many tickets would be available - they will go in a blink of an eyelid me thinks.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’m a bit confused. Got the email as well and said to purchase through ticketek when they go on sale. When I went into the app a few weeks ago to set up my digital membership, it was linked to my Ticketmaster account I believe. Anyone know how that works since the agencies are separate companies?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Might be linked to your club membership rather than Ticketmaster, I seem to recall there is a link there somewhere. I know I had a lot of trouble changing an email address with Ticketek because the email address was actually closed, and that linked in to my club membership.

DS