Round 11 - Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 11 - Other Games

Freo have been impressive this year, particularly with a new coach who would have had limited time with his players and a lot of youngsters.

They are impressively well structured and have a gameplan. More than you can say for their opposition and a few other sides towards the bottom of the ladder.

May not be an easy game as most think.

Reactions: 1 user
Freo have been impressive this year, particularly with a new coach who would have had limited time with his players and a lot of youngsters.

They are impressively well structured and have a gameplan. More than you can say for their opposition and a few other sides towards the bottom of the ladder.

They're coached very conservatively and their first instinct is to handball backwards. Could be dangerous if they get their confidence up.

imagine how bad they would be if they didnt have the greatest coach of all time.....

They'd have been gone three years ago with an average coach. He clearly doesn't want to nurse the club through a proper rebuild. Reckon these days he's more like Terry Wallace and enjoys the match day challenge.

Got me thinking, who are other players that you think, '*smile*, if they're kicking goals, it's not our night'?

Taberner
Tim O'Brien

Didn't realise Taberner was 27! He has come along a bit after missing a lot of footy. O'Brien has ability but rarely shows it. 26, you wonder if they'll make a call this year.

Freo were missing back planks Pearce and Hamling, tall forwards Hogan and McCarthy and their second-best player Walters. A lot of Hawthorn fans will have forgotten what it's like to be this low.

These players have kicked more goals against Richmond than any other club

Marc Murphy (20)
Bryce Gibbs (18)
Jade Gresham (16)
Lynden Dunn (14)
Jake Melksham (13)
Rory Sloane (13)
Liam Jones (12)
Matthew Kreuzer (12)
Mason Cox (11)
Mason Wood (10)
Allen Christensen (9)
Tom Scully (8)
David Mackay (7)
Bayley Fritsch (6)
Hayden Crozier (6)
Aaron Naughton (5)
Tim Kelly (5)
Billy Gowers (5)
Shaun Atley (5)
Sam Reid GWS (5)
Tim Taranto (5)

A motley crew.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Clarko's a genius?

The best part is Clarko has demolished their list with his quick fix trades that it's gonna take them a long time to rebuild.

Reactions: 1 users
Feeling dirty cheering for Geesook and Carlton in the same week ...................................damn

Carn Crows you gotta win won eventually might as well be this one.

Must say I just couldn't cheer for Geelong, used to not mind them back in the 1970s, they were inoffensive back then, now they're a bunch of salty divers.

Crows to beat Collingwood? Yes, look, I have a lot of sympathy for that point of view. Plus, it would help us. But . . . the prospect of Adelaide going through a whole season without a win, ooh, that is delicious - a dish very hard to refuse.

DS

Clarko's a genius?

The best part is Clarko has demolished their list with his quick fix trades that it's gonna take them a long time to rebuild.

But they have 4 flags.
That's all that matters.
What's Stkilda's excuse?
North and Melbourne's excuse?

If we traded out picks and won 3 in a row, i would be singing for the next 10 years.
Winning 1 was sensational
Winning the 2nd was unbelievable
If we one another i would wont care if we waited another 37 years.
I won't be around that long.

It's time to unleash the picks and bring in ready made players.
Combine them with Bolton, Dusty and Castagna. We would be favourite's for the flag for the next 5 years.
Let's drive up the price on Moore, regardless if we don't need him.
Let's ask the question to Bompmytelly.
See if we can get Parker out of Sydney.
Why is Wines only considering Carlton?
Brayshaw from Melbourne.
We need another ball winning mid and another Tall defender.
Ask Sam Collins to come back to Melbourne.
Brander from WC midfielder/forward form Victoria.

We need to be very active this year otherwise the Dynasty will be over.

Andrew Brayshaw has taken a massive step this year for Freo. They're an improver..
Building a pretty good list , Hambling, Pearce and there’s another key back thats out that goes well , makes a good back half, Serrong , BrayShaw,, Cerra makes a pretty good young midfield , and if they can get Hogan up and running they shouldn’t be far away . No doubt Rossco will take a lot of the credit

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
But they have 4 flags.
That's all that matters.
What's Stkilda's excuse?
North and Melbourne's excuse?

If we traded out picks and won 3 in a row, i would be singing for the next 10 years.
Winning 1 was sensational
Winning the 2nd was unbelievable
If we one another i would wont care if we waited another 37 years.
I won't be around that long.

It's time to unleash the picks and bring in ready made players.
Combine them with Bolton, Dusty and Castagna. We would be favourite's for the flag for the next 5 years.
Let's drive up the price on Moore, regardless if we don't need him.
Let's ask the question to Bompmytelly.
See if we can get Parker out of Sydney.
Why is Wines only considering Carlton?
Brayshaw from Melbourne.
We need another ball winning mid and another Tall defender.
Ask Sam Collins to come back to Melbourne.
Brander from WC midfielder/forward form Victoria.

We need to be very active this year otherwise the Dynasty will be over.

and this might be the bane of your constant criticism... ‘If we one another I would wont care if we waited another 37 years. I won’t be around that long’.

RFC will be, as our kids and grandkids will be....

Its obviously an incredibly hard and skilled job to be winning flags and staying in contention for decades... I think we’re currently doing a fantastic job of bring talented youth in whilst our aging players are slowly exiting.

i don’t know what 1~5 years look like for RFC but I am against selling many years at the bottom rebuilding going for an all or nothing approach which Ross Lyon has proved twice doesn’t ensure success. Good clubs like the eagles, swans, cats have shown you can do both... what the future holds for them I have no idea but personally I am against any decisions that put the club back into the late 80s, 90s, 2000s, I would never want my kids, grandkids or other RFC supporters to suffer as we have.

Who am i?
*midfielder
*900k a season

Did you say Dusty? NO
Did you say Bomp? NO
Did you say? Cripps? NO

***Stkilda are paying 900k for the next 6 seasons for Brad Hill.
No wonder the club has been trash for 100 years.
900k:bash

and this might be the bane of your constant criticism... ‘If we one another I would wont care if we waited another 37 years. I won’t be around that long’.

RFC will be, as our kids and grandkids will be....

Its obviously an incredibly hard and skilled job to be winning flags and staying in contention for decades... I think we’re currently doing a fantastic job of bring talented youth in whilst our aging players are slowly exiting.

i don’t know what 1~5 years look like for RFC but I am against selling many years at the bottom rebuilding going for an all or nothing approach which Ross Lyon has proved twice doesn’t ensure success. Good clubs like the eagles, swans, cats have shown you can do both... what the future holds for them I have no idea but personally I am against any decisions that put the club back into the late 80s, 90s, 2000s, I would never want my kids, grandkids or other RFC supporters to suffer as we have.

My kids have seen 2 live flags before they both turned 10.
They can now wait another 37 years, i like i did and so many others.
Improve the list now before its too late.
And don't compare us to the eagles.
They hide there kids in the Kimberly and then pluck them out at pick 60.
Oscar allen at pick 20
Higgins at pick 16

Picks won't help us. The only reason we won the flag and got the confidence to dominate the comp is on trading out Deledio, bringing in Nakas, Caddy and Prestia.
90% of our good kids are rookie selections.
We continue to burn early picks.

Bit of a coaching lesson from Chris Scott tonight. Hope Hardwick had the pad out.

It's funny, listening to SEN and all of a sudden Chris Scott is a tactical genius. They beat a clearly fatigued and depleted Saints off a 4 days break.

His finals record (and particularly some of his tactical decisions in those losses) suggest he is no good when it matters.

Hopefully we can meet them in a final again.

It's funny, listening to SEN and all of a sudden Chris Scott is a tactical genius. They beat a clearly fatigued and depleted Saints off a 4 days break.

His finals record (and particularly some of his tactical decisions in those losses) suggest he is no good when it matters.

Hopefully we can meet them in a final again.
Yep, reserve judgement on Scott and Geelong til October.

Clarko's a genius?

But, but Clarko has a plan. He has the competition right where he wants them.