Round 5: the hair clogged shower drain games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5: the hair clogged shower drain games.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Cant’s toying with the Roos down there. Don’t know how they do it with their tough draw.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Cant’s toying with the Roos down there. Don’t know how they do it with their tough draw.
I haven’t watched the match but north have had 30 more possessions than Geelong and are 11 goals behind.
Is that the concern about Clarkson ? I am not sure he has adapted to the way footy is played these days.

Maybe it is premature

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geelong not only gets a bottom 4 draw but gets the added advantage of playing at Dung oval.
Hawthorn Twice
North Twice
WC last game before Finals.
If you can't see that Hocking has still influence at the AFL you have No idea.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
That sounds like a very short step to the T20 version of football.

most popular team sports worldwide have a running time of approx 2 hours. Do you know why cricket brought in 20/20? Because people (especially younger people) don't have the attention span to sit through 6 hours.

If you recall, about 5 years ago, the AFL talked about cutting the half time break as TV ratings were dropping in the second half of games. Personally, i do believe footy games do drag on a bit long.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Do you think they would have got 63,000 on Sat. afternoon? Their largest ever crowd (by 20000) is the 62000 for the Friday night final in 2022.
its a below ave Vic fan base v a Qld franchise club.

i stand by my words that you will always get a bigger crowd at the MCG on a Saturday arvo than a Thursday night.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
most popular team sports worldwide have a running time of approx 2 hours. Do you know why cricket brought in 20/20? Because people (especially younger people) don't have the attention span to sit through 6 hours.

If you recall, about 5 years ago, the AFL talked about cutting the half time break as TV ratings were dropping in the second half of games. Personally, i do believe footy games do drag on a bit long.
Agree. Quite possibly the physically hardest sport (ie the near non stop running and physical contact) and goes for 4 30 minute quarters. If we were starting Aussie rules today what would the structure be? 4 20 minute quarters? 2 30 minute halves? 4 15 minute quarters?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Agree. Quite possibly the physically hardest sport (ie the near non stop running and physical contact) and goes for 4 30 minute quarters. If we were starting Aussie rules today what would the structure be? 4 20 minute quarters? 2 30 minute halves? 4 15 minute quarters?
I'd go to 16 on the field for a start. Reckon it would be 4 20 min quarters if they reformatted it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If we were starting Aussie rules today what would the structure be? 4 20 minute quarters? 2 30 minute halves? 4 15 minute quarters?

It used to be 25 minutes before they added stoppages and OUB's to time off. where did 25 minutes come from?