Round 6 Changes verses the Dees - ANZAC eve | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 Changes verses the Dees - ANZAC eve

Based on watching the VFL today.

I would say our best 5 were Stack, Rioli Jnr, Mansell, Lambert and Aarts. The next best were RCD, Banks, Clarke, Soldo and Martyn.

Ins: Lambert, Macintosh, Stack, Rioli Jnr, Gibcus
Outs: Parker, Aarts (sub,) Miller, Dow, Ross or Ralphsmith (only if he doesn't get up).

Ross to vanilla no hurt factor and only came in for Macintosh

Thought Dow had an average game, 4 kicks and 11 handbells, 5 contested, and 0 centre clearances. He has been good in previous games but lacked intensity in the contest V Crows. Can't afford to bring that lack of intensity against a hardened midfield like the Dees.

Aarts I've seen enough, I know what he brings at AFL level, we need to give guys like Stack, MRJ, RCD, and Mansell their chance again when form warrants it.

*If they go, Soldo, then I agree with other PREnders, Balta to go back and Gibcus doesn't come in, play's ressies.

This is going to be an interesting week for the match committee. No doubt they were present at the reserves game today and going by what several dished up yesterday in the seniors there must be multiple changes.

Reactions: 1 users
Jack Graham needs a rest. Is doing nothing and has been average all year. Looks slow and his tackles aren't sticking.

Also enough of Jack Ross. Makes a mistake or completely shows us down every time he gets the ball. Not really sure what Dimma sees in him.

Reactions: 3 users
Jack Graham needs a rest. Is doing nothing and has been average all year. Looks slow and his tackles aren't sticking.

Also enough of Jack Ross. Makes a mistake or completely shows us down every time he gets the ball. Not really sure what Dimma sees in him.
Jack Graham aura is somehow still shining off the 2017 GF imo.

He has barely dominated an AFL game since - 5 years of average performances - will never be an A-Grader.

We'll always love him for his efforts with a popped shoulder in the 2019 prelim but that doesn't make him a great footballer.

He's an honest workhorse but has no weapons besides endurance.

Reactions: 2 users
In Banks, Brown, Collier-Dawkins, Mansell, Soldo and Stack.
Out Aarts sub, Castagna, Dow, Edwards, Graham, Riewoldt and Ross.

B Miller Tarrant Broad
HB Mansell Vlastuin Rioli
C Collier-Dawkins Short Pickett
HF Ralphsmith Balta Bolton
F Sonsie* Lynch Baker
R Soldo Stack Prestia
I/C Banks* Brown* Cotchin Nankervis
Sub Edwards.

TBC Gibcus, Grimes and Lambert.
Won't happen but hope it does with all of the above ready for a fight and with the necessary speed and skill, to cancel our chaos mentality.

Last edited:
It's a big occasion game, would be surprised if we drop any of our experienced brigade.
In: McIntosh, Stack
Out: Parker, Ralphsmith
Sub: MRJ

Three key midfield suppliers for the Dees, Langdon, Trac, Oliver.
Tackle hard and make them pay.
Again, we must always have one defender zone behind Fritsch.
He marks from behind, he is similar to Dogs' Picken in the 2016 GF.
Miller running through Fritsch would lift the young fella's confidence.
The Dees are my most hated team this year.
Dees and daylight.

He has barely dominated an AFL game since - 5 years of average performances - will never be an A-Grader.

We'll always love him for his efforts with a popped shoulder in the 2019 prelim but that doesn't make him a great footballer.

Think he was a very good role player when we were up , providing a lot of run , defensive work ,and general grunt work ,

But now the shine has gone off the more skilled players , he isnt going to become that style of player all of a sudden and his limitations probably become more obvious

Reactions: 1 user
It's a toss up whether I'll watch the grass grow or the paint dry.
Melbourne will be a formidable opponent to combat. It could get ugly for Richmond.
we will need two ruckmen, bring back Soldo. having Balta playing forward and then ruck, won't work at melbourne. I rather have both Lynch and Balta working themselves up and down the forward line, spreading their defence.

Been saying for while tradeable for me.

Lambo will come in and we will then actually have a chance. The blokes the glue to our game

I would bring in Mansell to run with one of their mids and Soldo to nullify their rucks. MRJ to replace George, and Stack to replace Parker. Lambert and McIntosh in also. So we have a few options here.

I would bring in Mansell to run with one of their mids and Soldo to nullify their rucks. MRJ to replace George, and Stack to replace Parker. Lambert and McIntosh in also. So we have a few options here.
Not bad but Mansell would get towelled up by the Dees mids in that role.

In: D.Martin

Out: any semblance of hope for Melbourne

this will be our first proper go at being the hunter in 5 years

I'd bring stackman in as well

Last edited:
MJ Rioli to pay only in the forward 50 arc. At the feet of Lynch, Balta, Jack, Soldo or whoever. Harass, Rove, crumb, tackle. No flying with the pack. Strict instructions. Just do it!

I love anyone with the name Rioli, in honour of Maurice.

But MJ isnt ready to play 4 quarters in the seniors IMO. Although his fitness seems pretty good in the ressies, I've been pleasantly surprised.
The age and slowness of our current team (Lynch and Jack both struggling, Cotch, Shedda, Graham etc), means we cant carry a young, burst player who hasnt got 4 Qtrs in him - especially against the Dees.

If anything, I'd change it up (what do we have to lose maybe?), with a Cumberland power forward type and/or Clarke - who whilst young, seems to have excellent endurance. I'd also throw in another mid RCD and see if he can do anything to save his footy career.