Rugby Union | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rugby Union

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
IanG said:
I notice in the paper that Stirling Mortlock has signed with the Rebels. Although there are questions marks over his body holding up, from a leadership and team culture perspective this is another outstanding signing for the Rebels.

I couldnt be more pumped about the great man siging on. Ill email waldron to request if he can play CHF for the tiges after the super 15 season is finished ;D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Adam Frier to join Mortlock at Rebels.

Rebels will garner a nice lil market for themselves down here i reckon, wont be as successful as STorm in NRL but they will hold an interest, lottsa Kiwis and Saffies ex pats in Melb who may get into it.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
craig said:

Rebels will garner a nice lil market for themselves down here i reckon, wont be as successful as STorm in NRL but they will hold an interest, lottsa Kiwis and Saffies ex pats in Melb who may get into it.

And 1 born & bred Victorian, ill be signing up day1!

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:

Reckon the Rebels will go pretty well in year 1.Finals not out of the question.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
They are signing big name players way past their prime. Now need some current guns. Interesting times ahead.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
craig said:
Werent they gonna raid Fiji for some youngsters.

The Rebels have an exemption to the criteria that will allow them to recruit more than the standard 2 non aussie players. Chances are they could still get players from Sth Africa, Islanders or Argentina. The best thing they can do is get home grown talent out there & not just the likes of Rocky Elsom, we had a couple of VIC boys in the Australian schoolboys side this year incl the capt i think.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
KiwiTig said:
All Blacks too good tonight :clap

Soft sending off helped, but they were on top prior to that. Real solid team performance.

Hurts to say but they were a well oiled machine. Wallabies just kept handing back ascendancy when they got a look in the 1st half. Coughing up the replica try after Drew's charge down, then not even finding touch when AB's went to 14 men, missing lineouts when buidling pressure. So frustrating! With both Bens up front & cooper & Ioane we have a chance but will take a more consistent effort to trouble your mob kiwi.

You joined the rebels?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
AZZAMOOT said:
Hurts to say but they were a well oiled machine. Wallabies just kept handing back ascendancy when they got a look in the 1st half. Coughing up the replica try after Drew's charge down, then not even finding touch when AB's went to 14 men, missing lineouts when buidling pressure. So frustrating! With both Bens up front & cooper & Ioane we have a chance but will take a more consistent effort to trouble your mob kiwi.

You joined the rebels?

Are memberships available now? I put my name down to be informed when they were available but haven't received anything.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
IanG said:
Are memberships available now? I put my name down to be informed when they were available but haven't received anything.

Heard someone grumbling about membership prices on SEN last night, it working-out at something like $56 for a seat at a game. Is that true?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Azza said:
Heard someone grumbling about membership prices on SEN last night, it working-out at something like $56 for a seat at a game. Is that true?

I've just had a look at the site and packages are now available, yes they are pretty pricey, the cheapest is an unreserved seat behind the goals seat for $180 for an adult. Its $570 for a reserved seat between the 22 metre lines.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
IanG said:
I've just had a look at the site and packages are now available, yes they are pretty pricey, the cheapest is an unreserved seat behind the goals seat for $180 for an adult. Its $570 for a reserved seat between the 22 metre lines.

Wow they are chasing a niche market

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
$180 for category D behind the try lines is pretty good in my book, $22.50 per game is very reasonable i reckon. If the view at suncorp stadium is anything to go by there wont be a bad seat in the house! The higher categories are more expensive of course but I dont think they'll struggle to sell them.

From what ive heard these are similar to soccer prices at AAMI park although more than storm games.

Cant wait to see Stirling in action!

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Did anyone else see the Wallabies vs All Blacks test last night from Hong Kong?

Cracking finish. Try after the siren, pressure conversion from out wide for a 26-24 win. James O'Connor has nerves of steel.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Brilliant end to the game last night. O'Connor was fantastic! I can't believe how composed he was to go back and slot the conversion after the siren to win it. Straight through the middle.

I am looking forward to the Australia V England match in League tonight!

KiwiTig

Tiger Superstar
Dec 27, 2007
Williamstown
Streak said:
Did anyone else see the Wallabies vs All Blacks test last night from Hong Kong?

Cracking finish. Try after the siren, pressure conversion from out wide for a 26-24 win. James O'Connor has nerves of steel.

I saw it.....hated it ;)

Gutsy win - error riddled game, both teams looked really rusty. Good to get rid of the cobwebs before we prove to the northern hemisphere where the power is - again.... ;D

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
KiwiTig said:
I saw it.....hated it ;)

Gutsy win - error riddled game, both teams looked really rusty. Good to get rid of the cobwebs before we prove to the northern hemisphere where the power is - again.... ;D

Yeah, Wallabies looked to have blown a game yet again with a poor second half. Got the impression that early the All Blacks were working on some set plays.

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Streak said:
Yeah, Wallabies looked to have blown a game yet again with a poor second half. Got the impression that early the All Blacks were working on some set plays.

Yep, I was watching in the pub thinking, not again!! Could really build some belief of this. I have absolutely no doubt we have the best backline in the world, geez they might struggle to get Ioane back in the side. O'Connor, Cooper, AAC, Mitchell, Beale, they look so dangerous.

A nice sweetner was a little bit on cooper for the 1st try at $23!

Kiwi you reckon the AB's will make any changes leading into the WC next year? Any of the older blokes on shaky ground?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aussies do have very good backs but lacking in the forwards, especially gainst the Orl Blicks and the Bokkies.

Good to see the Wallabies have a win.