Rugby Union | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rugby Union

Re: Super 12s

Id love to see jonah go well,but I have this bad feeling that he could struggle.

Yeah he was very ill, listened to him on the radio pre transplant, sounded nasty.

Good luck to the big fella http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12791426-23217,00.html

TC said:
Hi Cordie

Brumbies lost by a point  :'(

When are NSW playing?

NSW are playing on Sunday afternoon TC, over in Wellington. Start time of 2.35pm local NZ time.

Link to the draw:- http://www.rugby.com.au/verve/_resources/2005_Tooheys_New_Super_12_draw_file.pdf

Sorry about the Brumbies, I thought that they had it in them in the second half but credit to the Highlanders, they defended well.

The Brumbies are definately not looking as good this year, despite the couple of good wins they had early and the massive injury issues.

kiwitiger said:
Bad luck to all you aussies who dont like the kiwi teams,because the odds are the Crusaders will win again

TC said:
It's the South Africans we hate Kiwitiger, but you are right The Crusaders look pretty awesome

Having seen the Crusaders up close last week when they did a number on the Waratahs I have no doubt that they are the pick for the this years Super 12. I have been saying this since the beginning of the season. They simply have too much talent and depth. Although Carter missed a couple of goals which is unlike him. They pushed the Tah scrum all over the park with their all All Black front row.

And this is the point you, could put that team in black jumpers (and most of them have been in black jumpers) and they would still beat most international sides. They are simply better than most sides and as long as they are not playing my side then they are good to watch, and are definately (unfortunately) my pick for the Super 12 this year  ;) ;D !!!.

That was just horrible TC, we were a little unfortunate to not pull out a draw but they played well at home.

On the plus side though the 'Tahs are still on top of the ladder by two points, clear of the Hurricanes, Highlanders and Crusaders. Thank goodness for the bonis point system  ;D !!!

It didn't hurt that the Crusaders went down to the Bulls in South Africa overnight and the Highlanders and Brumbies fought out a close match. Wrong result though  :p !!!

Waratahs v Brumbies next week......

Missed the end of the game Queeny, Tigers started

Writing off the Brumbies, Tahs easily ;D

Hi Ms Chase

This week the Tahs vs Brumbies clashes with the Storm vs Eels

Who Can I complain to? :mad:

TC said:
Hi Ms Chase

This week the Tahs vs Brumbies clashes with the Storm vs Eels

Who Can I complain to? :mad:
The Strom telecast is delayed Saturday night & won't start until 9.20.Does that help TC?

TC said:
Certainly does mb, that is if you are not online giving me updates ;D
I'II be at the game TC.Will report on game when I get home,we should win.Originally Fox was going to show Storm game live but are now doing Cowboys v West Tigers live which I think is fair enough.

You're right there Mb, I don't think that the Storm will have any problems with Parramatta. But I was thrilled to watch them go down to my Panthers side, who are just starting to show a bit of form, finally!!!

The Sydney press made mince meat out of the Eels earlier this week after their horrible showing against the Broncos, Brian Smith is again coming in for all kinds of criticism. The media take him out for a walk pretty regularly, but last week was a pretty poor effort from the club.

As for the Waratahs v Brumbies match (and TC thanks for noticing where my name comes from  ;) !!!) I can't wait. It should be a great match. History shows that these two sides often have one of the best and most aggressive matches for the season. Who could forget Matt Burkes' just before the siren conversion for the win last year? The atmosphere at the SFS was amazing.

I don't think this year will be as good given the circumstances both teams find themselves in, but you never know. Form coming in has been pretty shoddy from both, but I think the Brumbies will have it a bit tougher given the injury list - Steve Larkham, Clyde Rathbone and Scott Fava. Although the Tahs have never won in Canberra, there is a first time for everything and I hope that this is the first time for that.

If that made any sense  ;D !!!

Poor old Reds Hammered again, not a happy trip to the Republic

Not sure about tonight, Brumbies stay in touch with a win, but we need an Aussie

team on top to have any chance of winning Super 12

Spose we just better hope Stormers come out firing at home to Crusaders

But hoping the Stormers will win make me feel ill ;D

Blues should easily account for Sharks, then they are in the mix too

Hurricanes and Highlanders both have a bye, so it's going to tighten up

on top.

My heart can never love NSW but my brain says GO TAHS!!

TC, I have to say that was about the ugliest game of rugby I have seen in a very long time but......
Woo Hoo  :clap !!!!

A win to the 'Tahs which keeps us on top of the table (no matter what happens next week), breaks our Canberra bogey and gives us a win going into the bye makes the lack of skill on display so much more appealling  ;) ;D !!!

Very dull queenie, like watching France v England

Brumbies looked better second half but didn't look likely to win

Crusaders play overnight? Nice to see them lose

That would make for a great night for me TC!!!

Waratahs win, Panthers win, Essendon lose.....all is good with the world  ;D !!!

QueenC said:
That would make for a great night for me TC!!!

Waratahs win, Panthers win, Essendon lose.....all is good with the world ;D !!!

I am glad your happy Queen, you have had a good run of late with your teams. ;)