Russia Invades Ukraine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Russia Invades Ukraine

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
*smile* just took an interesting turn

I had a chuckle listening to the news on the radio when the Wagner chief called Putin a criminal

Civil war? Or Putin dropping a nuke on the “ terrorist” group now?
Well, Wagner are employed by the criminal !

Sounds like one criminal ahole bitching with another.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Feel for the people.

What to think in times like this? So much apparent danger at home and abroad.

The people deserve so much better but no one would be storing much faith in these most recent developments

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I have little sympathy for the Russian people except for the small minority who oppose Putin, most of whom have fled Russia - they have tolerated Putin's kleptocracy, agree with his fantasies of "Great Russia" and largely support the war against Ukraine.

Vatniks.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I have little sympathy for the Russian people except for the small minority who oppose Putin, most of whom have fled Russia - they have tolerated Putin's kleptocracy, agree with his fantasies of "Great Russia" and largely support the war against Ukraine.

Vatniks.

That’s a lot of people still

Most are apolitical

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

Vatniks.

Was listening to the Monocle podcast on Friday and one of the guests stated that over 1,000,000 million people had fled Russia. This was due to their being politically opposed to Putin and potentially in the sights of his fictitious trials.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That’s a lot of people still

Most are apolitical

If you are apolitical that's as almost as bad as supporting the regime. But even if Putin goes there will still be a militaristic kleptocracy in power.

Ultimately ordinary Russians will have to decide whether they want to live in a shitty autocracy based on a diminishing gas and oil economy with fever dreams of Russian power, or join the real world.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Was listening to the Monocle podcast on Friday and one of the guests stated that over 1,000,000 million people had fled Russia. This was due to their being politically opposed to Putin and potentially in the sights of his fictitious trials.

Yeah - after the war started there was a flood of young professionals and creatives who took the first flight to anywhere just to get out of the shithole.

If anyone wonders why Ukranian resistance has been so resolute it's because they want a functional democracy with an open economy. Russia offers only the opposite of that.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah - after the war started there was a flood of young professionals and creatives who took the first flight to anywhere just to get out of the shithole.

If anyone wonders why Ukranian resistance has been so resolute it's because they want a functional democracy with an open economy. Russia offers only the opposite of that.
Wouldn't be surprised they'll return to Soviet Union again.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Scared of being drafted into the army, Asia is full of Russians.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Scared of being drafted into the army, Asia is full of Russians.
I’ve come across them a bit in NYC. There’s an enclave of them in Brighton Beach, near Coney Island.

I have no problem in saying I can’t stand them. Neither can most New Yorkers.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
It will be interesting as to whether the Ukrainians see this as an opportunity to launch a massive counter attack-or whether they follow the Napolian's advice of never interrupting an enemy when they are making a mistake.