Saddam sentenced to the old noose and drop | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Saddam sentenced to the old noose and drop

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
If OBL is still alive, I hope that when they find him, someone puts a bullet in his ugly head and chucks him in a ditch somewhere. He doesn't deserve a trial.

Or perhaps place him in an empty old plane, put a bomb with a timer next to him and let him ponder his actions as the clock runs down.

Or put him in a torpedo tube, take the sub down to the depths of the ocean and shoot him out.

Or tie him to the ground and let him starve and dehydrate to death.

As you can guess, he's not really my favourite person...

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
skybeau said:
If OBL is still alive, I hope that when they find him, someone puts a bullet in his ugly head and chucks him in a ditch somewhere.  He doesn't deserve a trial.

Or perhaps place him in an empty old plane, put a bomb with a timer next to him and let him ponder his actions as the clock runs down.

Or put him in a torpedo tube, take the sub down to the depths of the ocean and shoot him out.

Or tie him to the ground and let him starve and dehydrate to death.

As you can guess, he's not really my favourite person...
Donald Rumsfeld may be interested in dicussing some of your ideas with you. E-mail him.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
I was thinking about posting this earlier but decided against it.
Iraq & the US finds itself in a Catch22 situation again.

Since the last Gulf War, I've certainly learnt more about the situation that has altered my views.

For Saddam's execution.
1. He was found guilty by a court.
2. He was responsible for invading Kuwait back in 1991.

Against Saddam's execution.
1. He is a Sunni, and did create a "Sunni dominated" order in a disorderly region.
2. As a Sunni, he was a counter to the regional spread of Shi'ism.
3. That counter is now gone.

It sort of reminds me of the Santa Anna scenario of the 1830s & 40s in Mexican history.
Santa Anna took power as Mexican President in the 1830s.
He invaded Texas in 1836. His high-water mark being the Seige of the Alamo.
Following San Jacinto, Santa Anna was swept from office.
He returned as Mexican President in 1845.
This led to the Mexican War of 1846.
This time the Americans got rid of Santa Anna for good.

Whichever scenario you follow, this trial is as bleak as Nuremberg of 1946.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Amazing how his sentencing has come just two days prior to the US mid-term elections.

And the White House announces it had no say in the timing of the sentencing - why announce that if it truly did not have anything to do with it?

Why do leaders around the world believe we the constituents are so gullable and dumb?

Whether Saddam is guilty or innocent I will never know because I only get my facts from a bias media - but for some reason I smell a "Kangaroo Court" - particularly the timing of it............................

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
RemoteTiger said:
Amazing how his sentencing has come just two days prior to the US mid-term elections.

And the White House announces it had no say in the timing of the sentencing - why announce that if it truly did not have anything to do with it?

Why do leaders around the world believe we the constituents are so gullable and dumb?

Whether Saddam is guilty or innocent I will never know because I only get my facts from a bias media - but for some reason I smell a "Kangaroo Court" - particularly the timing of it............................
What rubbish,this guy is a mass murderer.Who care when he gets convicted,he shouldn't be alive today.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
mb64 your avatar says it all - a redneck from wayback.

You were there in the court - you heard the evidence NO!

You like me have been drip fed by our media on the atrocities this guy commited therefore he is guilty - fact no ifs buts or maybes - our media is always truthful and we can believe the way in which they have presented the facts.

Funny 15 to 20 years ago the Yanks were giving this very same man arms to fight with - he was an ally back then -  but because he represented a problem to the oil fields of the middle east and George Bush senior's business interests he became a foe.

He may have - he probably did do all the nasties that we have been told - but George Bush junior, Tony Blair and our own John Howard are doing similar things now with our troops in Iraq - killing thousands - George Bush has incarcerated people without trial or being charged - this is against the very principles our troops are fighting for over there - Freedom.

So loosen up that redneck shirt collar and admit that our side is no better with the killings we are commiting than what this guy's side did - except he threatened oil production on which America and ourselves are hooked.

It has been stated that he had no links with Al Queda - he hated OBL as much as we do - nah I am tired of the *smile* we are constantly being fed.

Did you know that investigative journalism no longer exists in the media today - the current day journo's just accept the spin doctoring content from the press secretaries and cut and paste it into their stories. I have met with many disgruntled older journo's who told me that years ago when a press release was issued they would check to see who issued it and then organise an interview or a telephone conversation in an effort to get the real facts - not now - the journo's of today just accept the press release content and get it out as quick as they can.

My argument is not that Saddem should be free - he most likely should hang - but I'm peeved at the way we are being "brain washed" by the crap that keeps coming out of the Australian Parliament and the American White House. All in an effort to keep us scared and thinking we need protection and only conservative leaders can provide that - meanwhile all those leaders are doing is paving the way for their own industries to be successful.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Putting aside Howard & Bush,Saddam is a mass murderer & to suggest any different is crazy.Hang the prick!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I don't feel sorry for Saddam at all. He deserves his fate.
However there's little doubt in my mind his demise at the hands of the "Coalition of the Willing", was an opportunity of convenience rather than the hocus pocus that was served up time and again as the reasons for the Iraq invasion.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
mb64 said:
Putting aside Howard & Bush,Saddam is a mass murderer & to suggest any different is crazy.Hang the prick!

for your average everyday iraqi bloke and his family do you reckon iraq is a better place to live now or pre-coalition invasion when saddam was still ruling with an iron fist?

but you are right about one thing, he was an evil tyrant.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I kinda like Remote Tigers angle though.

it might be borderline conspiracy theory paranoia etc., but I like it because it does stop to question the reliability and validity of what we know.

What if the media is being lied to?

Most of us don't really know anything that the media haven't told us.

And the media is probably telling us the truth. Probably everything we know is right. Or not.

PS: Something happen at Nuremberg that you question Phantom?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
LidsandBling said:
mb64 said:

for your average everyday iraqi bloke and his family do you reckon iraq is a better place to live now or pre-coalition invasion when saddam was still ruling with an iron fist?

Looked to be some wild celebrations shown on TV. I would think a better place and that is reading bias views from both sides. (I'm sure East Germany wasn't much fun to live in immediately after Hitlers demise either.)

Just the fact that they now compete in the Olympics is a symbol of new found freedom to me.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
RemoteTiger said:
mb64 your avatar says it all - a redneck from wayback.

You were there in the court - you heard the evidence NO!

You like me have been drip fed by our media on the atrocities this guy commited therefore he is guilty - fact no ifs buts or maybes - our media is always truthful and we can believe the way in which they have presented the facts.

Funny 15 to 20 years ago the Yanks were giving this very same man arms to fight with - he was an ally back then -  but because he represented a problem to the oil fields of the middle east and George Bush senior's business interests he became a foe.

He may have - he probably did do all the nasties that we have been told - but George Bush junior, Tony Blair and our own John Howard are doing similar things now with our troops in Iraq - killing thousands - George Bush has incarcerated people without trial or being charged - this is against the very principles our troops are fighting for over there - Freedom.

So loosen up that redneck shirt collar and admit that our side is no better with the killings we are commiting than what this guy's side did - except he threatened oil production on which America and ourselves are hooked.

It has been stated that he had no links with Al Queda - he hated OBL as much as we do - nah I am tired of the *smile* we are constantly being fed.

Did you know that investigative journalism no longer exists in the media today - the current day journo's just accept the spin doctoring content from the press secretaries and cut and paste it into their stories. I have met with many disgruntled older journo's who told me that years ago when a press release was issued they would check to see who issued it and then organise an interview or a telephone conversation in an effort to get the real facts - not now - the journo's of today just accept the press release content and get it out as quick as they can.

My argument is not that Saddem should be free - he most likely should hang - but I'm peeved at the way we are being "brain washed" by the crap that keeps coming out of the Australian Parliament and the American White House. All in an effort to keep us scared and thinking we need protection and only conservative leaders can provide that - meanwhile all those leaders are doing is paving the way for their own industries to be successful.

RT I respect your views but the simply fact is only Saddam Hussein is on trial. Whether you think Bush and Co should also be on trial is a different argument. To me it would seem Saddam is guilty beyond dispute. Personally I'm against the death penalty but again, that is a separate argument.

You should read The Age, they tend to slant things the opposite way from Fox News and the like.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I agree with Claw's philosophy on this one. This dud Saddam should be dropped. Iraq should not look to trade for a cast off dictator from another axis of evil state but start rebuilding its own "home grown" dictators from the juniour draft within the country. ( Surely thay have some rookies from the Tikriti FC worth elevating).

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Here's my ten cents for what it's worth...

Firstly I'm quite happy to see Saddam hang. He was a mass murderer pure and simple. Some of the equivocating in this thread is quite pathetic ie 'yes I don't feel sorry for him but...' If you had Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Pol Pot standinding tried, I'm sure these poster would probably spouting the same nonsense (which I suspect has more to do with anti-Americanism than anything else).

Also I had no problem with the war launched to get rid of the bastard. Again never going to weep over a expansionist mass murderer getting his just desserts and being removed from the international stage. I don't however support the occupation. Trying to civilize an Islamic society and introduce liberal democracy at the point of a gun is never going to work (they're not Swedes or Canadians for God sake). Basically we should be saying to nations such as Iraq - run yourselfs, brutalise your own people if you must, but threaten us or cause us any terrorist violence and we'll make you very, very sorry (and we won't be there to pick up the pieces afterwards).

Frankly it shouldn't be our concern how they run themselves, as long as we leave us in peace (the problem with Saddam of course was his unpleasant tendency to invade his immediate neighbours or threaten to incinerate half their populations). And needless to say the sooner we find alternatives to our dependence on Middle Eastern oil to enable this to happen, the better - the West as a matter of urgency should band together and initiate something on the scale of the Marshall Plan to find ecologocially sustainable alternatives. Then the Mullahs, Dictators and 'Arab street' can kiss our asses goodbye and drink the stuff.

One final postscript though. Although Saddam deserves to die, he was a secularist, albeit a brutal one. In the hellhole that is the middle-east, Iraq was one of the few countries where Women and Christians had anything approaching a fair go (in neighbouring Saudi Arabia the spiritual heartland of Al Queda - the status of a woman is little better than that of an animal and to be a Christian is to sign your own death warrant. Again it's funny how our dependency on oil forces us to warp our sense of perception - as many would argue that Saudi Arabia far from being an ally should have been our number one target).

Again Saddam had it coming and I am glad that he is going to be strung up (despite the bleeting nonsense of some about 'victors' justice). But we should learn from the mistakes of this whole endeavour ie the occupation and move heaven and earth to break our need for middle-eastern oil. The less we have in the future to do with that part of the world the better .

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tygrys said:
Also I had no problem with the war launched to get rid of the bastard. Again never going to weep over a expansionist mass murderer getting his just desserts and being removed from the international stage. I don't however support the occupation. Trying to civilize an Islamic society and introduce liberal democracy at the point of a gun is never going to work (they're not Swedes or Canadians for God sake). Basically we should be saying to nations such as Iraq - run yourselfs, brutalise your own people if you must, but threaten us or cause us any terrorist violence and we'll make you very, very sorry (and we won't be there to pick up the pieces afterwards).

So what you are effectively saying is that the Yanks should just use their "shock and awe" tactics to remove every global leader that doesn't suit their needs and then walk away to let the country pick up the pieces of a decimated society?

Watch how far that gets you on a global scale..

Absolutely ludicrous comment.