Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

I would rather have kept Lloyd over Townsend but neither are future players and i personally dont think we should keep Townsend for another year and should just replace him with a big bodied mid young draftee that 'May' become a longer term player

We should be going all out this draft period with midfielders with all our picks, our later picks #64 , #68 , #71 will all go up 10+ spots due to clubs using later picks for points to match bids so they should be in the 50's

Players like Graham,Worpel etc fall to later picks and we may just uncover another player like this

turk-d-tiger said:
I would rather have kept Lloyd over Townsend but neither are future players and i personally dont think we should keep Townsend for another year and should just replace him with a big bodied mid young draftee that 'May' become a longer term player

You can't get rid of everyone each year. For so many years it was almost a mantra why is this person still on our list - what year will he be let go. This year is amazing in that we say goodbye to so many players who are good but not quite good enough - and that they have found homes. For years our delistings or tradebait smelled like the backside of a Hog's Breath Restaurant (if you have never taken out restaurant garbage I highly recommend it - builds character).

Shows how far we have come. Jacob is probably the last on our list - the rest are still almost kids like Menadue and Drummond and get a leave pass - they might make it...

Just an observation - often our player threads aren't very complimentary and you sort of hope that the player never reads them. Sam wouldn't mind this one - its very positive, regardless of the fact that he couldn't confirm a best 22 spot and we didn't get the Hope Diamond when trading him.

Brettstigers said:
Just an observation - often our player threads aren't very complimentary and you sort of hope that the player never reads them. Sam wouldn't mind this one - its very positive, regardless of the fact that he couldn't confirm a best 22 spot and we didn't get the Hope Diamond when trading him.

Threads not complimentary? What have you been reading?
We've pumped BEllis, Houli and Grigg up for years. ;D

Dont Argue said:
Threads not complimentary? What have you been reading?
We've pumped BEllis, Houli and Grigg up for years. ;D

And then watched the three of them as vital cogs in a flag. ;D ;D ;D

Didn’t mind Lloyd as a player, great footy nous and skills , however was only a depth player and at 28 to lose players like him , Miles, Ellis and Stengle to land Lynch is a great move even though all our eggs are in the one basket to a certain extent

Mr Brightside said:
Didn’t mind Lloyd as a player, great footy nous and skills , however was only a depth player and at 28 to lose players like him , Miles, Ellis and Stengle to land Lynch is a great move even though all our eggs are in the one basket to a certain extent

Kids need hope. It would be a disaster if Markov/Bolton/Balta etc are the reserve for the 28yo reserve next year.

Don’t fall for the media’s return to form with their “all our eggs are in the one basket” crap. Miles played 1 game, Stengle 0. The kids need to feel part of this if we’re going to sustain it and now we’re going to play more of them.

I feel for Lloyd, he has gone from team mates like grimes and Cotchin to Libba and johannisen God help him.
The only saving grace is he is very lucky Dahiluass and Stringer left

zippadeee said:
I feel for Lloyd, he has gone from team mates like grimes and Cotchin to Libba and johannisen God help him.
The only saving grace is he is very lucky Dahiluass and Stringer left
Well Libba has a wooden leg and is still uncontracted, as for Dollhouse, talk about a front runner

Anyone watch the whole WB/Hawthorn game? I only saw the last quarter and I only sighted Sam once. He went goalless which is very unlike him.

Did nothing in that game that told me we shouldn't have let him go. Depth player at best. My issue is that we recruited a player that is worse than Lloyd in Welker.

frawleyudud said:
Did nothing in that game that told me we shouldn't have let him go. Depth player at best. My issue is that we recruited a player that is worse than Lloyd in Welker.

Weller is a rookie. Will come much cheaper. I doubt he will be in the side much longer and will only serve as depth, like Lloyd did but on minimum coin.

I watched the game and I thought Lloyd was very good in the first half. Creative, didn't waste a disposal. I reckon he will be great for the bullies adding a bit of leadership as well. I understand why the club let him go but he would certainly be handy in our side at the moment

tigertim said:
Anyone watch the whole WB/Hawthorn game? I only saw the last quarter and I only sighted Sam once. He went goalless which is very unlike him.

Didn't watch the game but 4 rebound 50s suggest he may have been playing back line a bit.

Sam will be in so do Tigers boo him ?. Myself think not as it was wise for him to move on as he was not quite on Dimma's radar at selection table.

No need to boo him......yes,he was a fringe player with us, but I think we were satisfied with his service and input to our club.....he left the club on good terms ie: no controversy etc, and he is still great mates with many of our current players, so booing him is a pointless excerise that could potentially work against us.....