Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tigaman said:
Good result for Sam from PRE members. Some players just have to move on in above board situations. Others well here is an example. Polec left the Lions to join Powerless as he was home sick in 2014. Come 2019 Polec joins LoL Norf reportedly around a Mil a year. Getting his just deserts at LoL Norf at the moment.

Yeah Polec is a *smile*. Plays the mommy's boy homesick card at the Lions then decides to leave home to chase the $$. I'd be mega pissed if I was a Lions supporter and, youre right Tigaman, he's now getting his serve

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
BrisTiger24 said:
Yeah Polec is a *smile*. Plays the mommy's boy homesick card at the Lions then decides to leave home to chase the $$. I'd be mega p!ssed if I was a Lions supporter and, youre right Tigaman, he's now getting his serve

Polec would have been stupid to not take the North offer. Reportedly $2mill better off and we'll over his true value. Don't know too many who'd say no to $2mill.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
tigerlove said:
Polec would have been stupid to not take the North offer. Reportedly $2mill better off and we'll over his true value. Don't know too many who'd say no to $2mill.

Dusty

B

Bill James

tigerlove said:

I don't know. I doubt its much fun around the clubroom being recruited to a bottom team with everyone knowing you are getting paid twice what your worth.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bill James said:
I don't know. I doubt its much fun around the clubroom being recruited to a bottom team with everyone knowing you are getting paid twice what your worth.
There's often a very good reason for team performance to drop into the bin in a hurry. Club sacks a bunch of aging stars to regenerate the team with up n coming youngsters, there's bound to be a flat spot. Same club then starts throwing mad money to bribe super stars that decide to stay where they are. Then that same club throws overs at outside lurkers n mid range players because they're on the fringe of finals. Sooner or later the penny drops for the core players n the edge goes off their game, enjoy yaselves #LolNorf.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
be interesting for Sam tonight. he has some good mates at Tigerland - players, staff, fans.
but i won't feel bad if he gets crunched. wonder who'll play on him?

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Came 9th in the bulldogs bnf.

Was actually top 4 late in the season before tapering at the end of the season.

Won their best team player award.

Reactions: 9 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Came 9th in the bulldogs bnf.

Was actually top 4 late in the season before tapering at the end of the season.

Won their best team player award.

Yep one we could have easily kept. Did well at the Tigers and his form has continued at the Bulldogs. Well done Lloyd.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Think he would have struggled to make the best 22 at Richmond so good on him for doing well at the Dogs.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pretty sure Sammy’s big game just started on fox.

This forward line from 2016 contains Griffiths , Vickery, Hampson, Menadue, Ellis C ......surprising we didn’t win the flag that year :cool:

Last edited:
  • Wow

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Think he would have struggled to make the best 22 at Richmond so good on him for doing well at the Dogs.

DS
If you compare their seasons on Footywire, you can see proof that Sammy had as good a season as Castagna, or arguably slightly better. Remarkably similar stats, even in height and weight. The club therefore made a sound decision based on JC's much younger age (29.7/23.3) , although compared to Butler? Same issue but he lost his place in the side, and club. Sam goes into stoppages a bit more but Jason is much faster, more explosive.

Obviously JC had a top game in the GF, but really doubt SL would have kicked 0.5 from those opportunities. Still club is not worse off, clearly, while Sam is better off at the Bullies who look to be rebuilding a promising side.
Win/win.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Pretty sure Sammy’s big game just started on fox.

This forward line from 2016 contains Griffiths , Vickery, Hampson, Menadue, Ellis C ......surprising we didn’t win the flag that year :cool:
Watching it at present. The transformation from this side to the one that saluted in 2017 is absolutely staggering.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Watching it at present. The transformation from this side to the one that saluted in 2017 is absolutely staggering.

Unbelievable.
Griffens
Vickery
Hampson
Chaplin

It’s easier to say who is still around Rioli Edwards jack Rance BigV grimes