Sam Lloyd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Lloyd

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Came to the tigers as a bush footballer with the body to suit, worked hard, transformed his shape & eked out a decent career

Ripper bloke also

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
This weeks homecoming hero. Always had a soft spot for Sammy.

Reactions: 9 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This weeks homecoming hero. Always had a soft spot for Sammy.

Yeah I loved Lloydy. He was one of those guys that always gave 100% on the field so you could never be annoyed with him. Just wasn't quite quick enough as a small forward or quite big enough as a midfielder to make a longer career but he got the most out of his AFL career as he could.

That kick after the siren will always go down as 1 of the greatest moments I remember outside of premierships.

Reactions: 5 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Yeah I loved Lloydy. He was one of those guys that always gave 100% on the field so you could never be annoyed with him. Just wasn't quite quick enough as a small forward or quite big enough as a midfielder to make a longer career but he got the most out of his AFL career as he could.

That kick after the siren will always go down as 1 of the greatest moments I remember outside of premierships.
Was the one bloke in the side I was comfortable with taking that shot at goal. Was a great kick for goal

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Didn't win a flag, but at least he can say he was Dusty's Brownlow date! I think most of the female population would have killed for that honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Likewise, really enjoyed watching lloydy. Strong high mark, very good around the packs and a long and accurate kick. I rated him ahead of most of our small forwards bar DRioli in these respects. He wasn't slow either really, just not a real speedster like the 'three amigos'. Unfortunately, those three were flying back then and the high pressure game and hard running into defensive half and back into F50 just wasn't his forte. More of an old-style SF.

However, he proved his class and durability by continuing a successful career at the Dogs, kicking many more goals and, I believe, even topped their goal-scorers at least once. A proven, quality, true footballer, very stiff not to have remained at RFC and become a flag player.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gun Deni boy.
He’s a bit of a nomad, Deni to Geelong Falcons back to Deni, Mt Eliza, Bendigo, Frankston, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, Bundoora and somewhere (can’t recall) this season for a game or 2.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'm glad their giving him a homecoming hero gig.

Sam's ok.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Didn't win a flag, but at least he can say he was Dusty's Brownlow date! I think most of the female population would have killed for that honour.
Yep. Lloyd is a hottie,
I’m not gay, but...

Reactions: 1 user