Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

He may well have got a game due to our current limited playing list but he has a chance to prove he can be a forward / ruck again so hopefully he takes it

Reactions: 1 user
Morris makes himself very clear in his public review. He's looking forward to seeing Samson crack in. Brutal.

Let's see how the turk responds.

Might be meeting Bryan this week, Sin.
I like a coach who says it like it is and not sugar coating lack of effort etc
When he's cracked the *smile* Sambo is not afraid of a bit of aggro. Wouldn't mind seeing it a bit (without throwing knuckles) and if he gets penalised then so be it. Let's face it he'll be penalised by a Dumpire anyway just for "looking at me funny" so he may as well make it for real.

Time to ante-up Sambo. Aggro, effort, and brutality.

Eat the *smile* alive!

Reactions: 2 users
I’m ecstatic he’s playing.
I’m guessing he will spend time forward & rucking. Plan must be for Balta to go back with Young out.
Primarily I’m just looking for any signs of improvement at snr level.
Pleasingly the weather looks good at this point.
Go Samson.

Reactions: 4 users
I’m ecstatic he’s playing.
I’m guessing he will spend time forward & rucking. Plan must be for Balta to go back with Young out.
Primarily I’m just looking for any signs of improvement at snr level.
Pleasingly the weather looks good at this point.
Go Samson.
Bombers are overly tall. Peter Wright and the rest are around 190-192.

I would be disappointed if Balta goes back.

Reactions: 3 users
Underwhelming selection after 8 possessions he comes straight in.
They must've been quality 8 possessions.

• Haha
Saturday night will tell if he’s learnt anything since opening round when he was dreadful.

Show effort & compete is non-negotiable No 1, especially in marking contests.

Don’t want to get ahead of myself but I’ve already chalked him down to kick 3 goals

I just want to see him compete & show some skills. Get the Emperor’s new clothes off & get your Richmond Football jumper on Samson. Give us something real to hang your hat on.

Reactions: 3 users
I just want to see him compete & show some skills. Get the Emperor’s new clothes off & get your Richmond Football jumper on Samson. Give us something real to hang your hat on.
Will be a critical test of how much he wants to be an AFL footballer rather than cruising in the VFL. It starts between the ears, attacking the marking contests, wanting the pill more than anyone else and some just don't want it enough. Recent history of single digit possessions does not fill us with confidence in this selection but at least it will help us decide if he's a keeper.

Do you remember the time Todd Goldstein ran the same set play on Nank twice? Goldstein bodied Nank under the ball then flicked the ball down to his hip for Zurhaar to rove. Goldstein screened Nank out of the play then opened the space behind him. Set play. Ran it twice in the same game including for the winning goal.

I'd call that real bad.

Why did it happen? Why could Goldstein do that? Nank is a cruiserweight. And a good one. Not a big ruck with a big leap. Todd Goldstein is the best cruiserweight of the millennium.

We are playing Esserdun this weekend. Todd Goldstein is in historic form. Nank aint. Let's get weird. What the *smile* have we got to lose by playing Samson? He aint a cruiserweight.

Samson will turn up. He's just a little bored with 18 months of flogging VFL rucks. Let him loose on Oompa-Goldstein.

We knew Samson was likely in and out of the ones in 2024. We knew that in February. It's football season now. About time this Ryan bludger worked for a living.

What if he fails? He gets three more weeks.

What if he succeeds? Give him more laps. A lot more.

• Haha
What if Samson Ryan fails to play like Tom J Lynch? He's not gunna do that. The expectations are too high IMO.

What do you call a tall bloke who hangs around with footballers? A ruckman.

• Haha