Shaun Grigg (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shaun Grigg (Merged)

Re: Sean Grigg - Carlton

There you go my mail was way off....that's the last time I listen to that person haha.

From The Age--Grigg walks out on Blues-nominates RFC as team of choice

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grigg-walks-out-on-blues-20100930-15za1.html

Gordietiger said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grigg-walks-out-on-blues-20100930-15za1.html
This thread could smash the Krakouer & Tambling thread combined. ;D

Gordietiger said:

Ignoring the fact that some don't want him at the club, how great is it for him to nominate Richmond as their club of choice for trade? In the past players have hoped Richmond didn't pick them up. Makes me think people are starting to take notice of what we are building.

I don't want Grigg at Punt Road. He can't kick. Isn't it a key criteria for us these days?

Gordietiger said:
Willy T for Grigg in a straight swap!! mmmmmmmmm

That trade was mentioned in the hun today. Carlton are after a defender. Straight swap you'd consider, but I don't know enough about Grigg to say either way.

Gordietiger said:

If he ends up at RIchmond, I wouldn't want to be giving Carlton any more than this.

ABSOLUTELY NO TO GRIGG. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. THIS TRADE PERIOD IS STRESSING ME OUT ALREADY. WHY OH WHY. :help

Would be rapt.
I would think Hardwick would love to have a player with his aggressiveness and ability to win his own ball in the team.
He's a lot better than a lot on here are giving him credit for.

Reactions: 1 user

Gordietiger said:

I don't know anything about this kid, but if Mad Doggy is worried about it, then I am.

Wille T has to be worth something more, doesn't he?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=15&pid1=1549&tid2=4&pid2=1737&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

On the face of that we should do the trade and run.

Tiger29 said:
Would be rapt.
I would think Hardwick would love to have a player with his aggressiveness and ability to win his own ball in the team.
He's a lot better than a lot on here are giving him credit for.

Yeah but Boozy said he's a spud so that's it. Geel will win the flag too.

Not a fan of taking other club's players but a straight swap Grigg for Thursfield would seem fair to both parties.

Thursfield has more currency at the moment. I would rather we get a pick for Thursty and keep it instead of swapping Thursty for Grigg. In a couple years time Grigg won't be getting much opportunity here either. Grigg can win possession but is not damaging by foot and this contradicts the types of players we are trying to recruit. Shocking decision. I would prefer Houli in the PSD to be honest. Don't even bother looking at efficiency stats as they are deceiving. I was happy when they announced he was about to re-sign with the blues.

please next week be over, please next week be over, please next week be over. dont know if i could take another bad trade week.

Think people are overreacting a bit. He is a good inside player and has torn us a new one before. Can kick a goal too. He is 190cm and athletic.

I would tell him to go in the PSD though and get him for free, stuff compensating Carlton. For once use the PSD as a weapon.

Would take him just in the hope he plays rnd one and kicks 3 goals and 20 touches in a win over the blues to annoy the crap out of their supporters.

mad_doggy911 said:
Thursfield has more currency at the moment. I would rather we get a pick for Thursty and keep it instead of swapping Thursty for Grigg. In a couple years time Grigg won't be getting much opportunity here either. Grigg can win possession but is not damaging by foot and this contradicts the types of players we are trying to recruit. Shocking decision. I would prefer Houli in the PSD to be honest. Don't even bother looking at efficiency stats as they are deceiving. I was happy when they announced he was about to re-sign with the blues.

I think some people are over stating Thursfield's ability, he clearly isn't up to it at Richmond, Grigg is an upgrade on Thursfield, is younger and has a lot more room for improvement if given the opportunities.

LeighW said:
Ignoring the fact that some don't want him at the club, how great is it for him to nominate Richmond as their club of choice for trade? In the past players have hoped Richmond didn't pick them up. Makes me think people are starting to take notice of what we are building.

Good call Leigh, I thought the same thing too, sick of hearing how a player doesnt wanna come to Richmond ala Judd when he moved.

Greg Swan on with Kb now....sounds like the Blues will play hardball.