So how many picks are we going to take? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

So how many picks are we going to take?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think we are going to trade some mid range picks, maybe take 3 or so in the ND and use late picks to upgrade rookies. We will then top up through the rookie draft and maybe leave one for a Sydney Stack type pick during the off season.
I suspect we will keep Miller, I am not convinced but you don’t delist 20 year old KPPs with 2 years development beyond them imo. We may delist and rookie him though.
Depends on what happens with Menadue because if he gets a 2-3 year deal elsewhere he may go.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
So, anyone who’s better at maths than me able to work out what the impact of the latest delisting will be in terms of draft picks? Towner was on the rookie list so presumably won’t impact this, but Menadue and Moore must add spots - can we now take all five of our picks inside 60?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I count seven spots if we take 40. I assume a few rookies will be upgraded though.

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Chol , Baker , Stack upgrades to the main list ?
Pickett stays on the rookie list next season

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Love how we upgrade premiership players from the rookie list

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
I thought you could only stay on the rookie list for a certain time
Seems like he has been on there a while now

3 years is the max. He was delisted after 3 years and picked up again in last year’s rookie draft. We have extended his one year rookie contract by another 2 years.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
3 years is the max. He was delisted after 3 years and picked up again in last year’s rookie draft. We have extended his one year rookie contract by another 2 years.

Can someone in the know estimate what a bloke like Chol would have earned over this period.
Does 2 or 3 years (or more) as a rookie give someone a reasonable salary?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Can someone in the know estimate what a bloke like Chol would have earned over this period.
Does 2 or 3 years (or more) as a rookie give someone a reasonable salary?

Minimum wage for a rookie in 2018 was $75,000. It was $71,500 in 2017 and $57,940 in 2016.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
for the salary cap, it doesnt matter if you have 1 person on the rookie list for 6 years (such as Chol) or 6 people on for 1 year each.
in other words we would have spent the money anyway, and probably with a similar result

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I suspect this is exactly what will ocur.

We may even trade with both Freo and GWS IMO. I don't think we will take more than 3 picks in the ND. At a guess we will take 3 in the ND, 2 in the RD and then 1 in the SSP.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
i thought rookies only got 1 year contracts.
I also thought if you got a 2 year you are upgraded to the primary list.

The AFL change the rules so bloody often I am not sure anyone knows. That is why they have committees to over see this stuff, so they can make it up as they go, ala Ellis FA compo.

Reactions: 1 user