Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Crazy Days, the RFC has never had talent like this just land in our lap before.

Geez I would love it if we won the flag in a miracle end to the year with Stackman and Pickett dominant ...........................both whom we got for free !!
Don’t forget Lynch to round off the triple freebie trifecta

Can you actually believe he’s ours?
The RFC actually picks a star with the last possible pick! This could go down in our history as one of the best ever late picks. There’s quite a few top 20 players that will not make it at all.
I just can’t believe his balance, power and IQ. Stunning player
But to be good, he has to be taught who to make better choices, and to recognise when not to do things. The nurturing environment has done that.

is he a chance to win the rising star? Walsh is having a good year, but surely his impact hasn't been as great.

A lot of people....A) Don't like watching the footy from up high...
and some ..... B) Don't like watching from behind the goals.
I like to do both as it's offers a completely different perspective as to how players play, especially when they haven't got the ball.
Though I'm far from being a kid any longer, I must admit I did swap ends each quarter to basically watch Syd.
What I love is that he's a great team player, knows when and where to run, does the 1%'s.
Not the least bit worried about being crunched under a pack and he's definitely not selfish, I reckon he left a couple of goals out there when he could probably have had a crack at himself.
I think the kid has so much upside and he knows it....... weapon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
His football IQ is through the roof. The smartest player I have watched in a richmond jumper was Matthew Knights and I reckon Sydney could well be up there.

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry Walshy but Stack has gone past you ;)

Taking off my massive biased tiger suit, I really think this kid is up there with best draftees we have ever had. Imagine when he fills out a bit more and gets his tank! Just so glad to have him.

Over time will be our Shaun Burgoyne. The trouble shooter who can play anywhere

Reactions: 2 users
Give him RIchmond life membership now. He's a gun. What small player plays backline their whole first season then gets thrown forward and bags 4? He's a rare breed.

Reactions: 1 user

Crazy Days, the RFC has never had talent like this just land in our lap before.

Geez I would love it if we won the flag in a miracle end to the year with Stackman and Pickett dominant ...........................both whom we got for free !!
good post. I read it and the first thing that came to mind was Roachy, but his breakout year was his second season from memory, but in terms of instant impact and sheer unanimous joy of Tiger fans, only Roachy and Richo in the same league.? Thats just my memory, nothing to do with stats.

If I was inclined to join the LBGTQ community, it would be for Sydney Stack.

Reactions: 1 user
They are desperate to anoint Sam Walsh on SEN. I predict Syd will romp away with the Rising Star over the next 8 weeks. He's simply getting better with every outing,and he was spectacular on Sunday.

Walsh and Stacka completely different players.
So far Walsh ( I don't watch Carlscum much ) appears to be just another very good young mid ( dime a dozen mids, everyone's got a few of them ) doing his apprenticeship mainly in space around the wing running hard and accumulating ball.
Stacka's been playing half back, shutting down on forwards ( like Eddie ) rebounding n creating the ball into space for the wingers like Walsh to look good in. Showed on Sunday that he's not only got the capacity to sneak forward n pinch a cheeky goal but has the capacity to actually play the small forward role like Eddie or Tip Rat and seriously influence a result. Plus he's got that healthy streak of nasty that sits players on their arse n makes them pay attention.

Obviously early days, but I doubt Walsh would be as effective a player at Forward or Back while Stacka should be just as capable mid field once he's had a proper pre season or two.
Just get the feeling Stacka is the type of player who can do twice the damage with half the possessions of most players.