Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

All things being equal, Stackman wins the RS unanimously. He is simply a phenomenon. He gets more coaches votes than Dusty at his finest, the greatest player the game has ever known, in his 12th game. He really is a phenomenon. We are watching a Big Bang, the recording of Let it Bleed, Kelly Slater at Teahupoo 30 years ago.

Any other year, and Walsh deserves it as much as Lids did. He is quite a player. But he's just a normal young star. He can butcher the ball from time to time (he won't when he's 20).

Stackman is not normal.

They might give it to him, but he would have to force their hand and play 5 more games like Sundays. They've already got Sam Walsh engraved on the trophy. And its not completely outrageous. Some people thought Eric Clapton was better than Jimi Hendrix.

But I honestly wouldnt swap Stackman for Walsh and Rozee. You could throw in Grundy and I'd just walk out of the room laughing. I'd actually take a bucket of KFC to the meeting, and wipe grease off my chin while I was walking out laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Walsh will win the RS and good luck to him, he'll be a ripper BUT Stack will be the player everyone would rather have on their list.

Reactions: 1 user
Walsh will win the RS and good luck to him, he'll be a ripper BUT Stack will be the player everyone would rather have on their list.

As Dimma said, if he was picking them out of the draft, he's choosing our guy. Stack is more impactful than Walsh. May not rack up the same numbers but I reckon has overall more hurt factor than Walsh.

Can't wait to see him live for the first time this week at Metricon.

Who cares who wins the rising star. Walsh is very good but very vanilla. Like Hardwick said - u pick the draft again tmrw and you would pick Stack. Plenty would I reckon.

Who cares who wins the rising star. Walsh is very good but very vanilla. Like Hardwick said - u pick the draft again tmrw and you would pick Stack. Plenty would I reckon.

A Rolls Royce of football ability. Hand built for the game from genetically enhanced Marngrook DNA.
A rare talent. Do we need to elaborate?

In 12 games Stack's highlights reel is rediculous!

There are 200 game players out there whose highlights rel would be a yawn compared to this kid.

We have some amazing Aboriginal tallent on our list now, with Egg Boy pushing hard as well.

They are desperate to anoint Sam Walsh on SEN. I predict Syd will romp away with the Rising Star over the next 8 weeks. He's simply getting better with every outing,and he was spectacular on Sunday.

Heard that, of course Del Santo would go for Walsh probably because that's how he played, racking up possessions on the outside! When I see Walsh run hard at an opponent, I might change me opinion.

Why are posters so sure Walsh will win?

Stack is clearly the best performed if you look at the overall package.

Been a great pick-up for us but has a way to go to be Rising Star.

I'd say at this stage he is behind Rozee, Duursma, Bailey Smith, Sam Walsh and Jordan Clarke at least.

Plenty of time to go though.

Any updates?

Don't need to bag Walsh to justify Stackman. The cream will rise to the top.

Why are posters so sure Walsh will win?

Stack is clearly the best performed if you look at the overall package.

I think we all agree that Stack is in a class of his own. But I think what we are saying is that, like most awards, its not purely on merit.

politics, nepotism, ego and incompetence abound on award giving committees.

anyone other than a top 10 pick has to be twice as good to win it. Obviously Stackman IS twice as good as 2nd best, but given every AFL professional ruled a line through him on draft day because he ate KFC, he would need to be 3 times as good, and realistically and impartially, he's probably only about 2.9 times as good as Walsh.

Walsh on the weekend: 30 disposals. 33% efficiency. 7 clangers.

wow. Stackman IS 3 times as good, officially (he goes at 100%).

He's a certainty. Not even Steven Silvagni would be able to vote for Walsh over stackman

Stackman could move in with the Fevolas, and still win it.

Obviously Stackman IS twice as good as 2nd best, but given every AFL professional ruled a line through him on draft day because he ate KFC, he would need to be 3 times as good, and realistically and impartially, he's probably only about 2.9 times as good as Walsh.

Love Edwards's take. "He thinks he is the Rising Star winner already anyway, so what does it matter who wins?"

Reactions: 6 users