Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Commentators are still backing the kid from Carlton.
Not sure if any have watched how good Stack is.
One so called expert said ‘he expects the Carlton kid to win but Stack will be the better player in the long run’...

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Stacky on this year's form (average per game) is ranked 71 in the AFL (with a bullet) Not bad for a 12 gamer.

tigersmk

Tiger Cub
Nov 17, 2004
To me, the rising star is recognition of a young man who is going to become a really good player - Sydney doesn’t qualify as he’s already there

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Rising star is almost a junior Brownlow. Most winners mids or mid / forward type players.

Don't particularly care if Stacka wins it or not, he's up in the conversations as a potential winner which means that everyone recognises the quality of his game.
The kid's a seriously damaging young player n he's all ours, that's all that matters.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
wow. Stackman IS 3 times as good, officially (he goes at 100%).

He's a certainty. Not even Steven Silvagni would be able to vote for Walsh over stackman

Stackman could move in with the Fevolas, and still win it.
SOS has already voted.

For Stocker.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Walsh and Stacka completely different players.
Obviously early days, but I doubt Walsh would be as effective a player at Forward or Back while Stacka should be just as capable mid field once he's had a proper pre season or two.
Just get the feeling Stacka is the type of player who can do twice the damage with half the possessions of most players.
Absolutely...twice the damage with half the possessions! So clean, no fumbles, makes the game look too easy. Loved how he crouched down to help his leg drive up for that mark...would be able to high jump well over his own height I bet.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Absolutely...twice the damage with half the possessions! So clean, no fumbles, makes the game look too easy. Loved how he crouched down to help his leg drive up for that mark...would be able to high jump well over his own height I bet.
Not only is he a gun player, he's a smart player as well. One of his goals he didn't take possession of the ball knowing he would be tackled, he got the free kick and slotted it, very clever.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Forwards or mids win the RS. A negating defender simply isn't as sexy as a 30 possession winner midfielder. Stack could win it if he stays forward.

Hard to stay in the game each week though as a small forward (even the best like Walters/Fantasia/Betts struggle to impact each week), easier as an outside mid so you would have to give Walsh the advantage. Still a bag/or average of three each week from now on would probably do it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like Figgy's version of our Stack, Isaac Quaynor, is going to debut this week and just get the sense this was primed for us 3 weeks later.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Looks like Figgy's version of our Stack, Isaac Quaynor, is going to debut this week and just get the sense this was primed for us 3 weeks later.

Quayner was eating an Acaí breakfast bowl with spirulina at his draft interview.

anyone can do that

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Great to see Aldi get on board with a bit of junk food in honour of the young fella.
I can see a stack of marketing opportunities for Syd.
Meanwhile,,, Carlton on the phone to vanilla slice makers.... Port is pitching Interflora.!

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 13

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I see Bucks is taking a leaf out of Dimma's book again by bringing in Isaac Quaynor as a running half back. Quaynor is going at 76% kicking efficiency and averaging 19 possessions in the VFL. But he aint no Sydney Stack.......