Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Hope he is ok. Calls for him to rest are a bit nonsense IMO. Played very well last week and we will genuinely miss him.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
By now, he does look a bit tired and this calf injury might prove he needs to rest for a game or two.

Good way to build motivation again.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I’ve done the old man calf injury playing racquet sports a few times and once really good (8 weeks+). You can think you are good and reinjure it pretty easily - with that said I’m over 40 and not subject to the professional physio, treatment and scans these guys will get - plus on the bad one my mate swore it was cramp and massaged the crap out of it which probably ripped it further.

Hopefully very minor and 2-3 weeks.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I’ve done the old man calf injury playing racquet sports a few times and once really good (8 weeks+). You can think you are good and reinjure it pretty easily - with that said I’m over 40 and not subject to the professional physio, treatment and scans these guys will get - plus on the bad one my mate swore it was cramp and massaged the crap out of it which probably ripped it further.

Hopefully very minor and 2-3 weeks.

Lucky for your mate it wasn’t a groin injury

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just listening to DTLD on sen...... said Syd pulled up sore v pies game..... not much concern.,
But he did sound a little cagey! Must say Dave sounds like ya reckon a farm boy would. .. a ripping bloke.
Also reckons Syd is probably top 5 b&f

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hope he is ok. Calls for him to rest are a bit nonsense IMO. Played very well last week and we will genuinely miss him.

Yeh its nonsense talk based on nothing but assumptions. There is nothing to support him being rested other than that he is "young" and should get a rest.

His performances have been very consistent. To suggest he needs a spell and a calf twinge (could be worse we do not know) is not the worst outcome is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Yeh its nonsense talk based on nothing but assumptions. There is nothing to support him being rested other than that he is "young" and should get a rest.

His performances have been very consistent. To suggest he needs a spell and a calf twinge (could be worse we do not know) is not the worst outcome is ridiculous.
Unless the calf twinge is an overuse injury

Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
So did anyone actually see him pull up lame during training, ie: torn calf or did he try to get going but didn't feel great and just pulled the pin?

Club saying it's soreness from last Friday but reporters indicating he might have hurt it at training.

I can deal with soreness, a tear is a bigger concern.