Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

So did anyone actually see him pull up lame during training, ie: torn calf or did he try to get going but didn't feel great and just pulled the pin?

Club saying it's soreness from last Friday but reporters indicating he might have hurt it at training.

I can deal with soreness, a tear is a bigger concern.
It looked more like “Cotch Awareness “ to me from the vision I saw.

My guess is Burge said to him if you feel any tightness in the calf call it a day

Just when we thought the injury gods had done enough chewing or our raggedy arses, FFS. F off n leave us alone for a bit, there's plenty of other clubs out there to chew on for a while. Like the Moggies n Wet Coke n Brisvegas for a start.

Hoping it's just a bit of creaky hard work soreness that hasn't quite gone away n nothing important. Week or two off for Stacka n Cotch n look out oppo nuffers they'll be back fresh as n looking for someone to ream.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless the calf twinge is an overuse injury
And is that is what is being said? Or is that an assumption that fits a narrative? We only have to look at the injury histrionics on the dusty thread to discover we have a multitude of expert physicians on these boards that can diagnose injuries without even seeing the patient.

So did anyone actually see him pull up lame during training, ie: torn calf or did he try to get going but didn't feel great and just pulled the pin?

Club saying it's soreness from last Friday but reporters indicating he might have hurt it at training.

I can deal with soreness, a tear is a bigger concern.
Did nt Caesar say he was walking laps earlier in week indicating carry over soreness that didn’t come up when tried full training

Did nt Caesar say he was walking laps earlier in week indicating carry over soreness that didn’t come up when tried full training

Correct Stack has since said in an interview that he had a sore calf/cramping after Friday's game, explains just trying to walk it out at Tuesday's training. He said he went out there today to see if he could get through the warm up but felt tight again and hence went for scans.
So doesn't appear something new he pinged today?, it was already there but not initially deemed necessary for scans.

Looking at the vision its definitely a ping. Best case would be Brisbane game I would think.

• Angry
And is that is what is being said? Or is that an assumption that fits a narrative? We only have to look at the injury histrionics on the dusty thread to discover we have a multitude of expert physicians on these boards that can diagnose injuries without even seeing the patient.

I’m not a physician, but I can swing a racket at a ball. Who knows if the injury was fatigue related. I’m glad he’s getting a rest though.

Shai next.

Looking at the vision its definitely a ping. Best case would be Brisbane game I would think.
Loved Baker squirting water on the calf to help. Not sure what medical training Bakes has had but I doubt H2O is the cure for a strained calf

Reactions: 1 users
I saw the vision re Sydney's calf on AFL 360. But then I will admit that I was outraged that they had a severe crack at the RFC medical staff. Now I am all for medical science but RFC's use of the healing waters on his calf is downright revolutionary. The Healing Soda Stream of Lourdes blends the miracles of faith healing , with the best of new science and with a just a hint of Mountain Dew for results which are truly ineffable. I was told by the club that the medicinal properties of the sacred waters will take 1-2 weeks to truly release the evil humours currently inhabiting Sydney's calf. And if that should fail then they will fall back to that most traditional of all remedies - leeches. Working for Alex!

• Haha
And if you are skeptical I will only say this. As an amateur rugby union player who has more than once been thrown out of a rolling maul and then rucked to shreds by a bunch of opposition bastards (as the pack goes over the top of you). The feel of that water and sponge as the support staff race the medicinal bucket to those left lying still and unmoving on the playing surface is truly heaven sent. Gets you back on your feet so that you can go psycho on their...

And if you are skeptical I will only say this. As an amateur rugby union player who has more than once been thrown out of a rolling maul and then rucked to shreds by a bunch of opposition bastards (as the pack goes over the top of you). The feel of that water and sponge as the support staff race the medicinal bucket to those left lying still and unmoving on the playing surface is truly heaven sent. Gets you back on your feet so that you can go psycho on their...

Try beer instead.
I’ve been thrown out of a couple of rolling mails myself and it’s caused me to lie still and unmoving on a playing surface more than once but a hair of the dog the next day always gets me back on my feet.
I would only go psycho if I missed my mouth and spilt it on my calves