Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
No surprise - the same flog refused to nominate him when everyone else in Oz knew he deserved a nomination

Yeah, only nominated Stack when it was becoming an embarrassment. He didn't play ball with Shifter's system. Much like Dusty has been shafted over the years by the administration; they don't like rebels.

Chris Johnson the only judge to rate Stack second, and the only one to give votes to Baker. Maybe it works like the IOC, and he's our man...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Seems like an odd voting system to me. So 11 “experts” cast a 5,4,3,2,1 voting preference?

Unless those 11 “ experts “ watched EVERY ONE of the 207(?) games then it’s flawed. Some will just be voting on reputation.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seems like an odd voting system to me. So 11 “experts” cast a 5,4,3,2,1 voting preference?

Unless those 11 “ experts “ watched EVERY ONE of the 207(?) games then it’s flawed. Some will just be voting on reputation.

Some had Walsh winning it 3 minutes into round 1.
Its the first time ive seen the media jump on and stay on for 22 weeks.
Walsh is good but he isnt a fyfe, martin or even a castagna.
He is nothing more then a Gaff/Polec.
Big Deal

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Tom Stewart would struggle to get a game in our backline. Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad are all better players.

I suppose with Rance being injured and all, he may have played a few games this year, we need a whipping boy.
An honest perspective Stewart is a good defender but absolutely Rance, Grimes and Vlaustin are all a class above him. The big V is definitely all Australian quality and if my memory serves me correct Geelong and Salty Scott talked about the need to tag him during the 2017 finals Game. He is a gun full stop!

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
lol at shifter. He really needs to pack it in. Provides absolutely no insights on draft night also.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Big Deal
I think there were people who had him pencilled in before he’d played.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Big Deal

Yep Walsh had it won before the season started. The award is pointless, it's just full of bias and incompetent voting. Even taking Stacky out of the picture I saw Rozee play some ripper games. He's a star in the making. Has some real x-factor.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep Walsh had it won before the season started. The award is pointless, it's just full of bias and incompetent voting. Even taking Stacky out of the picture I saw Rozee play some ripper games. He's a star in the making. Has some real x-factor.

Rozee totally agree.
Looks pure class.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Now for my rant.

What drugs is Kevin Sheehan on not giving Stack a single vote? The only voting member who could not see the talent this kid has showed this year coming off the rookie list.

And this bloke is supposed to be the AFLs 'expert' when it comes to junior talent. Its about time this bloke collects his pension and allows someone else to do the job.

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Sam Walsh
4 – Connor Rozee
3 – Bailey Smith
2 – Nick Blakey
1 – Gryan Miers

It’s like he is a wannabe recruiter and because he didn’t get drafted first round it’s a slight on him. It’s obvious that he has bias, and I agree with others time to pension him off. Bullis Hit can take his role and know 100times more.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
While Stackman has missed out on being rated by some of the voting pundits, pretty much every Richmond supporter knows his value.

He's come out in the media today and expressed his keenness to play (which is great), but I will be surprised if we see Stack again this season, other than maybe a VFL final.

Was so looking forward to seeing him play finals footy. Had this feeling he would have loved the big stage that September footy is and most likely would have excelled.

Oh well, there is always next year when Richmond vies for B2B flags.

Last edited:

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
It is amazing how many ex-Geelong guys take every opportunity to favour their club.

We have Bartlett and Richo on the All-Aus selection committee and you could never accuse them of favouring guys from their old club, if anything, they are too harsh on them. Grimes should have two All Australian jackets and Vlastuin should have one too. Ex-Cats , on the other hand.....

I suppose it is another symptom of their country bumpkin inadequacy issue.

Devils advocate part 1.

Didn't KB controversially leave Ryan Griffen out of his top 5 back in the day? Paving the way for Lids to win the rising star award?

Happy to be corrected if the Fri night beers have clouded my memory.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Tom Stewart would struggle to get a game in our backline. Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad are all better players.

I suppose with Rance being injured and all, he may have played a few games this year, we need a whipping boy.

Devils advocate no. 2

Would take him over Short any day of the week.

You're right, he ain't better than the players you listed, but he could still get a game in our back 6.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Stack will be the best player from this year when their careers are done for mine but Rozee definitely had the second best year this year.

Id have voted walsh stack rozzee

And long term i think walsh and stack will be stars and rozee will crash and burn

Just a hunch. Probably based on the stupid *smile* cupid routine.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great to see and hear Stacky love the club especially with the indigenous culture.

F...k the Rising Star, look forward to a Brownlow from this kid.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users