Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Sydney Stack (29 disposals, four tackles, six rebound-50s)

"Sydney had 29 disposals. He was really important for us and our link-up play. When he's up and firing, he's a super important player for us."

Will he get picked? For some reason I'm not holding my breath.
That write up doesnt fill me up with any confidence.

Surely there's room for all of Parker, Rioli and Stack. Especially with Houli and probably Vlastuin and Edwards out.

End the Stack farce.

Reactions: 4 users
I'd pick Mansell before Rioli at this stage. I think Danny needs a couple more goes at VFL level to build his confidence and understand the role.

Reactions: 10 users
Surely there's room for all of Parker, Rioli and Stack. Especially with Houli and probably Vlastuin and Edwards out.

End the Stack farce.
Dow will be one of the ins you would think. I would bring in Stack for Houli myself and Parker for Castagna but I don;t pick the team.
I think we need to get bold and attacking

Reactions: 2 users
Dimma has his favourites for sure.
He looks for certain qualities in a player & obviously he's shown over time (3 flags later) that it's served him well.
However every so often he can tend to focus on the negatives in a player whilst overlooking their qualities.
I think with Syd he's got to look at the positives here.
He's an elite ball user. We're lacking them. Get. Him. In.

Reactions: 6 users
Dimma has his favourites for sure.
He looks for certain qualities in a player & obviously he's shown over time (3 flags later) that it's served him well.
However every so often he can tend to focus on the negatives in a player whilst overlooking their qualities.
I think with Syd he's got to look at the positives here.
He's an elite ball user. We're lacking them. Get. Him. In.
That was one of the results of the 2016 review .... he looked too negatively then the new game plan was concocted and all about using players attributes.

The biggest examples of this were Broads inclusion in 2017 getting that shutdown and support role that allowed for Rance and Vlastuin to get loose, and the use of Castagna Butler and Dan's pace to apply that forward half pressure, and Towner's hustle and bustle and physical presence to assist with nullifying opposition key backs in the last 3rd of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Nothing better than going to the football to watch players like Sydney Stack.
The movement in traffic. The elite decision making. The areial ability. And his disposal skills.
I’d take 10 disposals from him over any of our other young players.
Get him in.

Reactions: 10 users
Nothing better than going to the football to watch players like Sydney Stack.
The movement in traffic. The elite decision making. The areial ability. And his disposal skills.
I’d take 10 disposals from him over any of our other young players.
Get him in.
Agreed we have few kids who can competently play at the level at this very time.

Sydney is one that has actually excelled at it.

Reactions: 1 users
They are making Stack work for it - he's been better than Mansell in the twos.

Reactions: 1 user
Reckon we’re past the point of appreciating Mansell’s undoubted solidity.

Gotta be Stack. Gotta be.

If Dimma can’t pull the trigger there aren’t enough ‘no’ men on the selection committee

Reactions: 1 users