Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Compared to past hes having a great pre season... Thats the only thing thats real, look out SS 2022 if theres radio silence for next 3-4 months.... enjoy!

Well worth the love and support!
Wasnt even drafted, on rookie list, no real risk and top 1-4 best player at club...... silly discussion
I think we would all be ecstatic if SS dominated in 2022 as that would mean we have another player with star factor and best 22
We are playing with house money and can afford to take risks like this but he better live upto the 'Richmond Man' mantra and not just the Stack Man agenda

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting stat that Sydney the lazy bum with the bad attitude has played more senior footy then just about all the Cubs he came to the club with at a similar time

Reactions: 4 users
I just won't to see Syd get fit enough to play in the midfield, he'll kill it in there, the perfect replacement for Shedda when he's done.

Reactions: 2 users
on the plus side he has great touch, great reader of the game, great intercept mark for his size, courageous. Also aggressive and a big fan of his own ability, AKA confidence in himself.

Gut running fitness is the last piece of the puzzle, hope he makes it.

Reactions: 1 users
Not particular , How often have you heard Burge publicly mention a Richmond player coming back underdone and needing to improve his preparation ? I dont think i have ever heard this type of comment from richmond fitness staff and its usually kept in house.

Then you add what training reports coming from a few here and you really can see they are not far off the mark

Then you add the concerns of the list management only handing him a 1 year rookie extension going into his 4th year when even a 29 year old Pickett gets a longer contract ( this doesnt make you think why ?)

Thank god you are not our list manager signing him on 2 years with performance conditions because we have done that with a 1 year contract and still he comes back in bad shape if it was 2 years we may have had another 10kgs on him

When you speak performance are you simply thinking game performance or the entire training , and conditioning performances as he is well short in these areas.

Not sure why you believe SS should be given special concessions to any other player , He has a responsability to keep his fitness level to a standard both in and out of season and if this was Jake Aarts , Noah Cumberland or Matty Parker would you still allow the same rope ? I doubt that but the romance of SS talent is whats blinding your judgement
Feel like I’m at Gallipoli :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure why you believe SS should be given special concessions to any other player , He has a responsability to keep his fitness level to a standard both in and out of season and if this was Jake Aarts , Noah Cumberland or Matty Parker would you still allow the same rope ? I doubt that but the romance of SS talent is whats blinding your judgement
Every club at every level in the country makes exceptions for talent. In a perfect world you line up all the little tin soldiers n they are exactly the same.
In the real world you realise that everyone and everything is a little bit different n ya make adjustments to suit as best ya can.

Club knows they have a work in progress with Stacky n he's got a few more rough edges to smooth down than most.
The thing with the best clubs is that they'll work carefully to get the best talent out of Stacky they possibly can, while also trying to make him the best n most rounded person they possibly can and also help to grow n develop the rest of the other players by all sharing in, understanding n helping one another develop into well rounded caring people.
Always has n always will be a team game n that means sometimes ya gotta help a team mate out when he needs a hand to haul his load.

Reactions: 3 users
For me last chance.
Regardless How good he is, if he returns after the Xmas break looking like John Candy, its time to say goodbye.
Its Richmond 2022 not Richmond 1992.
Correct .All were given running programs on exit interviews
Some completed
Some did a lot more as they want to play in 2022
And there are one or two that didn’t do much at all
Exposed by @caesar at recent training sessions
It’s that simple. !!

Some completed
It’s that simple. !!

Once a hater - always a hater
Simple!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I thought Syd has been seen with the other boys training before the official return?
Did I miss something? People are talking like he's been shot in the legs or has come back looking like Jabba the Hutt.
Can we take the emotion out? Is he in better shape than before the 21 season?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Some completed
It’s that simple. !!
Off season programs are recorded on their watches and info is accessible by the club. Fact.
If Stacky didn’t complete his required work load, do you think they would have signed him up so close to the start of preseason?
I don’t.
In fact I heard he was training with Bolton in WA.
Lots of supposition and heresay regarding his condition atm.
He may not have flogged himself during the off season, and maybe he should have, but it’s a very very long season.

Reactions: 6 users
The Stack apologist’s are twisting themselves into knots trying to downplay this latest indiscretion. The fact remains that the head of fitness and conditioning at the club publicly berated Stack for presenting to pre-season in poor condition… again! Clubs don’t usually resort to this kind of public put-down unless there is a serious issue with the player and they feel they’ve exhausted all other avenues motivation.

• Dislike
If we’re going to stick with Stacky, then I think is going to be par for the course. This is his 4th year on the list and he’s always trained poorly pre season. The penny isn’t going to drop now, and he’ll always rely on his ability to elevate his game in the real stuff.

The Stack apologist’s are twisting themselves into knots trying to downplay this latest indiscretion. The fact remains that the head of fitness and conditioning at the club publicly berated Stack for presenting to pre-season in poor condition… again! Clubs don’t usually resort to this kind of public put-down unless there is a serious issue with the player and they feel they’ve exhausted all other avenues motivation.
Latest indiscretion?
Berated by Peter Burge?
Here we go. More fairy tales

Reactions: 4 users
in fact I heard he was training with Bolton in WA.

You say this like it is fact DA, is it?

By the way Bolton does train hard but he is not great when it comes to laps and shuttles usually on his return.

Reactions: 1 users
Did Syd go back to Wa after the season finished? I thought I read, or heard that he was staying in Melbourne.

You say this like it is fact DA, is it?

By the way Bolton does train hard but he is not great when it comes to laps and shuttles usually on his return.
I actually say I heard. Others have said the same. I wasn’t there or have categorical evidence so I’ll be weary of saying fact.
Everyone needs to be very careful though in judging the indigenous boys on their fitness levels by how they perform in laps and shuttle runs. Many are burst players without a great tank.
Cyril Rioli is an example that everyone needs to consider. Had a reasonable career.

Again 2 Facts and Caesar’s observations prove it , Sydney is in best physical appearance, no puppy fat etc , the kid has been eating much better , and as Caesar has told he’s not quite at peak fitness running wise . See it how every you want too , back the young tiger or continue to hope he fails , each to their own

Reactions: 7 users
If we’re going to stick with Stacky, then I think is going to be par for the course. This is his 4th year on the list and he’s always trained poorly pre season. The penny isn’t going to drop now, and he’ll always rely on his ability to elevate his game in the real stuff.

This was actually his first preseason before a preseason. It's unfair for posters to keep implying he's making the same mistakes by framing this as his 4th preseason.

Year 1: Wasn't drafted yet, then did everything right.

Year 2: Ankle injury, couldn't run.

Year 3: Pandemic, world shuts down.

Year 4: He makes progress.

Reactions: 5 users