Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Good on Grimes for putting the story in context Stacky did nothing wrong, slow news week for pearl clutching Cornes

Reactions: 1 users
Hardwick put it into context today in an interview with Scott Gullan.
Said Sydney has more natural talent than 90% of all players in the AFL but it’s up to him to get the most results out of himself.

Reactions: 1 user
Put into statistical perspective. I'm not sure his cliff dive would be much (or any) more dangerous than cycling amongst traffic on the road. And people do that every day as a mode of transport, with countless injuries coming from it. And we would rightly scoff if it were suggested a player riding a bike is not taking his football career seriously.

Last edited:
Good on Grimes for putting the story in context Stacky did nothing wrong, slow news week for pearl clutching Cornes
Cornhead questioning an indigenous what not to do on his native land?? Slow news day for this moron.

• Haha
The footage looks scarier than it is because of an optical illusion. It looks like Syd's feet narrowly misses the lower rock, but actually that lower rock is about 10m behind him and it's just open space near his feet.

Also, it's a good thing that this is news. When people see this, they'll think "wow, that's impressive".

This isn't something you can talk about it in the news as a positive thing. It wouldn't get airtime. But if you talk about it as a negative thing, then everyone argues back, and it generates "discussion" - all while the video clip gets played again and again.

The end result? More people are left with the impression that Sydney Stack is an impressive young athlete.

It's a very well know rock (not cliff) that he jumped off. Thousands upon thousands of people would jump off it every summer. I've done it. My 12-year-old cousin did it, albeit after sitting at the top contemplating it for half an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
When it comes to impact on the team, best debut season would be big Nank. Was only 22 or 23 when he joined us.

With respect to both I don't remember Martin or Deledio making the splash Syd did.
Yep, have to agree. Stack was simply outstanding in 2019, I’ve never seen so many highlights in a debut year from a player in my 40 odd years following this side as closely as I have

• Love
Reactions: 4 users