Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Papers stamped IMO.

Farce that he wasn't chosen.
Agree. It's a joke. he was fantastic last week.He has more skill and smarts than George (like 500% more). So Stack matches George for his only attribute - pressure.....and they still don't pick him. There must be something else going on.

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dimmas favourites BS raises its ugly head once again. Noah and Stack should both be in ahead of Cantstandya

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Dimmas favourites BS raises its ugly head once again. Noah and Stack should both be in ahead of Cantstandya
Kong we all know, he never makes big Changes win or lose.
If Prestia wasn't injured, he wouldve gone unchanged.
Regardless of last week's result.
Balta Cotchin and Lambert are the only ones that will come in

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Jason Castagna (13 disposals, nine tackles, four inside-50s, three goals)

"I thought he was fantastic. He importantly took his opportunities in front of goal, but when we needed hard, tough footy in the last quarter he stepped in with a team-high nine tackles, and played his role really well."
And your point is?

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
We will unleash him 3 weeks from finals and he will find form and come September he will go down in tigers folklore.
Mark my words .

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Everyone has been calling for Syd to play in defence, you've got your wish, named in back pocket in the VFL:unsure:

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Read his match report.
Everyone played well.
Trust your own eyes.
13 disposals? Not good enough for me
I did watch my the game and you can’t say he didn’t play well. I don’t get caught up in disposals.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I'm not going to read too much in to it. Maybe his papers are stamped, maybe they aren't. Stacky hasn't earned a recall for some reason, I have no idea what it is.

The coach has to have a big say on who is selected for obvious reasons, and Dimma thinks not yet.

And if Dimma is playing his favourites, then fine with me. I'll take a 3 time Tiger premiership coach's decision every day of the week, and Dimma really hasn't put a foot wrong over the last 5 years.

While I personally don't see it, I'll even back him on keeping faith with George.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I did watch my the game and you can’t say he didn’t play well. I don’t get caught up in disposals.
There is no way Castagna was anywhere near as influential as Stack (or Cumberland) in the last 2 weeks regardless of stats. Before last game Castagna was just average, consistently missing targets. I do sort of understand not selecting Stack as he's only started firing last 2 games and they want to see him string a few games together but Cumberland has been extremely consistent. The only reason Castagna could possibly be selected against the bottom team is try and get him into form. He's been average for a long time though and imo needed to show a lot more at VFL level week in week out.

This was the perfect time to try something different but no.