Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I want to see him in over Aarts or George, we know what they can do. I want to see what Stack can do after a full preseason and a good run of VFL.

Now is the time Stacky.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I reckon this is a decision between pushing stack that extra 2% to make him work real hard, or potentially breaking his morale by not rewarding his effort to date.

Certainly talented enough for best 22. It's up to fitness and mental state/competetiveness for him I think - is he hungry enough to do it all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
With Rioli back there, Short and Baker another options down back Broad - Vloss - Grimes (knock on wood) all playing, Hugo back down there and the likes of Mansell to be called up to play there I would like to see Stack up front.

A full year of senior football, injury free, in good form, I suspect he is easily capable of kicking 35+ goals per season.

Just needs to click for him... and soon. I hope he is selected for Sunday.

Reactions: 1 user

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Both Aarts and Georgie Boy have been playing good footy of late but for mine this is Stack time again.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
This is the type of game he could jag 2 or 3 goals and set him up for the rest of the season. Aarts and George - well we know their ceilings. Play him.

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
This is the type of game he could jag 2 or 3 goals and set him up for the rest of the season. Aarts and George - well we know their ceilings. Play him.
Aarts looks ok/good in the center at VFL level. He was a decent forward pocket, goal opportunist, ok mark, ok set shot. To play in this Richmond you need a few positional options/more feathers in his cap. I dont think he has that versatility that Dimma is looking for at AFL level. Happy to be proven wrong but we are asking him to perform well in positions that are not his 1 wood.

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Aarts looks ok/good in the center at VFL level. He was a decent forward pocket, goal opportunist, ok mark, ok set shot. To play in this Richmond you need a few positional options/more feathers in his cap. I dont think he has that versatility that Dimma is looking for at AFL level. Happy to be proven wrong but we are asking him to perform well in positions that are not his 1 wood.
Aarts has had a lot of opportunity. Even a final back in 2020 where he and Chol showed their games were not at the level. In the back end of this season I'd rather have a look at stack and Cumberland. Stack can actually play in the backline as well as up fwd. So, could rotate with Baker for one. I would be a bit cranky at selectors for not selecting stack see

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Both Aarts and Georgie Boy have been playing good footy of late but for mine this is Stack time again.
Can someone please tell me who started the myth that George has been playing well in the Magoos of late?
Two games ago he was putrid and looked barely capable at that level.
Last week he got onto a couple but again his disposal was sub level. Effort and intent seemed ok but hardly inspired.
I’ve seen nothing to tell me he deserves promotion.
Aarts and Stack far more deserving based on their recent body of work

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Can someone please tell me who started the myth that George has been playing well in the Magoos of late?
Two games ago he was putrid and looked barely capable at that level.
Last week he got onto a couple but again his disposal was sub level. Effort and intent seemed ok but hardly inspired.
I’ve seen nothing to tell me he deserves promotion.
Aarts and Stack far more deserving based on their recent body of work
Jason Castagna (13 disposals, nine tackles, four inside-50s, three goals)

"I thought he was fantastic. He importantly took his opportunities in front of goal, but when we needed hard, tough footy in the last quarter he stepped in with a team-high nine tackles, and played his role really well."

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I don't think his papers are stamped but getting the raw deal. Must be frustrating for him.

But regardless he just need to put his head down and keep impressing at VFL level. They'll have to pick him eventually.

Reactions: 2 users