Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Not the type of player RFC will give up on in a hurry. I think he's a chance for promotion this year.

Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Great news about Stacky's contract renewal talks. Syd has come across as a naive and immature early days and its gotten him into trouble, both within the club for lack of discipline and outside of it with the law. But he's 22 now and is hopefully starting to appreciate the unique opportunity that an AFL career can bring and that there are hundred if not thousands of other blokes who'd kill to have his skills. He's definitely got the talent, so fingers crossed he can develop the will to make it as well.

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d rather Give Sydney another year then waste anymore time on a lot of the kids drafted around him

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Penny has to drop through needs to rock up to preseason in good shape been a big problem always playing catchup.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Look at shais maturity growth at syds age. Persist

Chalk and cheese and not a great comparison, Syd has waaay! more obstacles to overcome than Shai but hopefully he can.

*Stengle would be a better comparison and a reason for a persist call. Stengle had to go through 3 clubs though to get there ,can Syd reverse his fortunes staying put?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It’s that time of the year, if Syd was a given a game he’d make a big impact just like Towner and Fridge did.
All he needs is a chance.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
near AA quality form in 2021? Gotta admit, I never noticed that.

Absolutely he was for about a month.

A lot of people didn't notice how good he was because of disappointment surrounding the team's form.

But he nearly single-handedly won a couple of matches from the backline, and the narrative wasn't far away from being all about Sydney Stack redeeming himself for 2020 by carrying Richmond to the finals in 2021.

Rioli also showed near AA potential in the backline last year, and we've seen that carry through to this year.

Stack and Rioli - both are AA quality or close to it down back and I'll stand by that

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Love this, we need to be the ones whom will get a gun player as in stengle once he matures, and the fact the club sees this ,is great management.(stack I'm talking about)

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sydney Stack

"Struggled to have his usual impact on the game. It was a difficult day with the windy conditions, but he is certainly capable of more than what we saw on the weekend."

He aint getting promoted off the back of this summary.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely he was for about a month.

A lot of people didn't notice how good he was because of disappointment surrounding the team's form.

But he nearly single-handedly won a couple of matches from the backline, and the narrative wasn't far away from being all about Sydney Stack redeeming himself for 2020 by carrying Richmond to the finals in 2021.

Rioli also showed near AA potential in the backline last year, and we've seen that carry through to this year.

Stack and Rioli - both are AA quality or close to it down back and I'll stand by that

I did notice Rioli, didn't really notice Stack as a standout in the last part of the year to be honest. His stats were marginally down on 2019, his best year - stats aren't everything of course.

Rioli has had a great year, AA form probably.

Stack for parts of 2019 was great for a first year player... AA? Not really.

Anyway the footy club has given him another chance with a new contract so let's see what he can do next year. Can't see him getting in this year on his current form lines.