Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I wasn't surprised when he settled into near AA quality form by the end of last year.

I am surprised that he's not still playing as a defender. He was Rance-like in a few of those games, and would've been celebrated as the game winning hero if the team won. People forget how good he was because we lost. Shame.

I'd be supremely confident about selecting Stack as a defender this week. Townsend first came into that 2017 team in the second last game of the H&A season...

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
It was against Brisbane.
Interesting, and off-thread, but did Miller continue to play back?
Early game our 2nd ruck was Balta, who also played forward.
But in the 2nd half Balta went back (I think before Grimes was injured).
Miller then was relief ruck. Did he stay in the backline or go forward or just sit on the bench?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting, and off-thread, but did Miller continue to play back?
Early game our 2nd ruck was Balta, who also played forward.
But in the 2nd half Balta went back (I think before Grimes was injured).
Miller then was relief ruck. Did he stay in the backline or go forward or just sit on the bench?
A little bit up forward but mainly on the bench.

Reactions: 1 user

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Stack is an enigma, he definitely has talent but seems to be showing it very infrequently. Was brilliant against the Cats and looked a two classes above VFL standard that day but apart from that he has been pretty average to be honest. We all love him but when all we can talk about is a couple of big bumps in a game where we we badly needed his class and skills to win the game says it all unfortunately.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
At a real risk of turning him into a VFL player, the longer this goes on. Too talented for that level & a waste for us if he isn’t given a role at AFL level.

I’d play him across half back to begin with because he can attack as well as defend. Allows Baker to play mid & forward. Can always swing Stack forward too.

Has to be worth a go instead of Edwards.

• Love

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I would select Stack in the team before Edwards
I would select Stack before 5 of them.
Broad was horrible on the weekend, he can't hold on to marks. His kicking is off.
Short was delist material before half time.
Edwards was thinking about drinks after the game at his 300th celebrations.
Not convinced Ross is any good.
And if you made me choose Sony or Stacky
I'm choosing Stack hat every day

• Love

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It was against Brisbane.
Not on Sunday. 1st half Balta was back up ruck and forward. 2nd half Miller was back up ruck and forward (and bench a lot).
The only time we have used a defender as a back up ruck was in the 2020 finals after Chol was dropped. We played 8 defenders and Astbury rucked. until the 2nd half of the GF when Balta went forward, and rucked.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not on Sunday. 1st half Balta was back up ruck and forward. 2nd half Miller was back up ruck and forward (and bench a lot).
The only time we have used a defender as a back up ruck was in the 2020 finals after Chol was dropped. We played 8 defenders and Astbury rucked. until the 2nd half of the GF when Balta went forward, and rucked.

First half we were too tall regardless. Grimes' injury helped our balance. Astbury relied rucked in 2020, I fail to see why it's an issue.

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Surely other clubs will come knocking end of this year - would come fairly cheap as he isn't getting a game with us.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
He had made a all might hip and shoulder bump, taken several good marks, can snag a few goals when thrust forward. Potential to be a very good AFL player.

What he lacks / needs to improve.
- a tank
- can be a little bit of a two grab marker. Sometimes spends it before he gets it.
- workrate. Running without the ball

Who is keeping him outside the starting 22? Rioli, Baker, Cumberland, Short.

Worth persisting in 2023? Yes. I would hate for him to do a Stengle play his best away from RFC.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If only you had the some love for Stacky as you do for Shai!

If this Draft analysis rang true then no doubt I would :

#14​

Sydney Stack​

Height: 177cm
Weight: 72kg
D.O.B: 28-04-2000
DRAFT ANALYSIS: " A player who has a tremendous appetite for hard work."

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
If this Draft analysis rang true then I no doubt I would :

#14​

Sydney Stack​

Height: 177cm
Weight: 72kg
D.O.B: 28-04-2000
DRAFT ANALYSIS: " A player who has a tremendous appetite for hard work."
Are you now suggesting we can't trust pre-draft analysis of the kids?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users