Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Hardwick said he was in the mix last week but for the funeral. Might get a gig this week.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
As long as its not in the vest that'd be pretty much pointless.
Reckon it’s now pretty much pointless anyway as he’d be first out with incoming players returning from injury.
If he plays well he’ll cause a dilemma as they’d still drop him when Grimes, Dusty or Graham return so not sure it’s good for his confidence or development.
Better off bringing Ross in as a plug and play and then drop him as he’s used to the heartbreak

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Hardwick said he was in the mix last week but for the funeral. Might get a gig this week.
Last chance saloon (for the season - not his RFC career) but it could provide the opportunity of a lifetime too.
Gets picked - puts in and plays well - and who knows what could happen from there?
Train hard this week Syd!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Watching Stack in the VFL it seems he has picked up the brothers Hunter virus.
Obviously loving the chasing, tackling, pressuring.
Think Stack running in the backline with Dan would create even more havoc.
The same pressure that Jnr and Bolton are applying forward.

Would love to see Stack get a run this week.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Reckon it’s now pretty much pointless anyway as he’d be first out with incoming players returning from injury.
If he plays well he’ll cause a dilemma as they’d still drop him when Grimes, Dusty or Graham return so not sure it’s good for his confidence or development.
Better off bringing Ross in as a plug and play and then drop him as he’s used to the heartbreak
Disagree. Plays well and at worst it puts him next in line. We are waiting for Dusty and Grimes to come back, and trying to figure out who gets dropped, but the chances of our current 22 getting through the finals without injury, or suspension, are slim.

We know Ross, and know he can come in and go ok, but if Stacky deserves the chance to show what he can do he should get it.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Disagree. Plays well and at worst it puts him next in line. We are waiting for Dusty and Grimes to come back, and trying to figure out who gets dropped, but the chances of our current 22 getting through the finals without injury, or suspension, are slim.

We know Ross, and know he can come in and go ok, but if Stacky deserves the chance to show what he can do he should get it.
Don’t disagree but he deserved promotion weeks ago and didn’t get the opportunity to show what he can do.
The cynic in me says they won’t select him anyway as he’s failed to make one emergency list so moot point.

Last edited:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
As long as its not in the vest that'd be pretty much pointless.
I think playing sub is playing a level between VFA and AFL, craig. The sub is fresh while everybody else is fatigued and usually gets a licence to run with freedom.

In respect of Stack's confidence, I think that role might be just the tonic.

Sydders played a half last week in the Magoos. 12 touches, 2 goals and x tackles. A brilliant manic half in which he was totally engaged. Engagement is an issue with Stack. I've noted above that we were trying to feed Stack a goal in the final quarter. I think we're trying to work on his confidence/engagement/reward. Morris specifically mentions engagement in his summary of the game.

6 touches, 1 goal, x tackles in the second half and, to my eye, a fraction of the kms at speed, and a loss of manic. FWIW I think Stack was encouraged to run riot in the first half to gas him and build his agony running. I'm glad he did it.

Leaving the game I opened to the idea that natural tank is a limitation for Sydney that I had previously underestimated. Not missed preseasons so much as just natural stamina.

We want engagement from Sydney. Reward is key to that. And we might need to see if he can give us something in the ones. I'm always ok with a developing player getting a cuddle in the sub role. I hope Sydney gets a chance and even a little reward might be the right one.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Don’t disagree but he’s deserved it weeks ago and didn’t get the opportunity to show what he can do.
The cynic in me says they won’t select him anyway as he’s failed to make one emergency list so moot point.
You might be right about his chances of selection. Hardwick does like to name drop for encouragement at times.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Syd is great by hand and foot, and has the best skill set to replace Shedda.

They both have great vision, and the ability to hit someone with a deft little kick. They also have exquisite timing with their handballing, which allows them to put a teammate into a gap.

You're the perfect replacement Syd, over to you.

• Love

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
impossible to ignore this week
with graham now out probly 3 wks & coach reference
if not now bad effect on summer incentive

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Syd is great by hand and foot, and has the best skill set to replace Shedda.

They both have great vision, and the ability to hit someone with a deft little kick. They also have exquisite timing with their handballing, which allows them to put a teammate into a gap.

You're the perfect replacement Syd, over to you.
Hope he gets picked.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Perfect week to give Stack a run. We are in finals, we face an opposition in disarray and, most importantly, he deserves to be picked.

Do it.

DS

• Love

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I have a feeling that an opening is thereabouts.

MoJu. Ross. Sonsie. Stack. In the mix. Not many openings unless injury. Or retirement.

Only one other youngster could be considered - Samson Ryan. And he is big odds. Not to say unthinkable.

Stack is close.