Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
That was before we started rorting the rule on a regular basis, WS.
You mean like the time Vlastuin pretended to have sore ribs after being cleaned up by Dixon and Graham pretending to have a mangled toe?

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You mean the time Vlastuin pretended to have sore ribs after being cleaned up by Dixon and Graham pretending to have a mangled toe?
No, more like Ben Miller with groin awareness and Gibcus with a shoulder, both of whom played the next week. Real injuries prevented us from doing it more but I'll bet the sub gets on tomorrow night. "Oh, he just had a bit of blah-di-blah. He's been feeling it for a few weeks now and at half time he just said he was feeling it a bit. Two weeks til the next game so we'll see how that goes."

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm quite happy that we are rorting the sub rule, like everyone else is.

The media said we were in the first game of it's inception. They questioned the legitimacy of Tigger being subbed off...........he then missed the next 6 games.

I'd be wrapped if, in response, we said, we'll show you rorting !!

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
No, more like Ben Miller with groin awareness and Gibcus with a shoulder, both of whom played the next week. Real injuries prevented us from doing it more but I'll bet the sub gets on tomorrow night. "Oh, he just had a bit of blah-di-blah. He's been feeling it for a few weeks now and at half time he just said he was feeling it a bit. Two weeks til the next game so we'll see how that goes."
Not withstanding that I don’t believe in fairytales, the sub is a terrible way to blood a player desperate to display his wares.
And without using any historical analysis of the sub, it appears to me that in most instances the player who is sub gets dropped the week later

Reactions: 1 user

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Syd should be sub. He’s the only emergency that can play forward or back or even mid for bursts. Soldo can do nothing but ruck, Castagna forward or run around like a headless chook and Mansell back only but still gives away stupid free kicks even at vfl level.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The point of him playing as the sub is picking the best team. The other point is it rewards Syd. The third point is that it gives him some AFL footy, which is better for him than VFL. That leads into the fourth point, which is that we might need him at some point, so it would be good if he's had a run. And the fifth point is he might show enough to stake a claim for being in the 22.

I expect someone will be struck down with awareness at halftime and Sydney will get 30-40 minutes.
Yep might be the Chimp or the Meatball they might decide to pop em in cotton wool.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Syd should be sub. He’s the only emergency that can play forward or back or even mid for bursts. Soldo can do nothing but ruck, Castagna forward or run around like a headless chook and Mansell back only but still gives away stupid free kicks even at vfl level.
Yep, play the percentages.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Shouldn’t be sub because after dealing with various obstacles put in his way or left in his way, he is fully deserving of selection in the 22.
Dusty looking to play in the first final, and we are all hoping he can.
Graham and Grimes looking doubtful.
Would love to include Gibcus but his current form is wanting?
We know what Edwards and Ross can bring, but not Stack.
He has done extremely well at the lower level and deserves that chance.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Shouldn’t be sub because after dealing with various obstacles put in his way or left in his way, he is fully deserving of selection in the 22.
Dusty looking to play in the first final, and we are all hoping he can.
Graham and Grimes looking doubtful.
Would love to include Gibcus but his current form is wanting?
We know what Edwards and Ross can bring, but not Stack.
He has done extremely well at the lower level and deserves that chance.
Yep, give a run.

Last edited:
  • Love

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Looked really happy getting around the boys in the VFL win today - I reckon this has been the year of maturation off the field - and in 2023 we will see the best of Stackey on the park!

Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Almost game. Overran it a few times, couldn’t put it all together.

Sums up his year. Still, I think he needs the biggest stage. If he’s fit and cherry ripe I’d roll the dice come September.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The point of him playing as the sub is picking the best team. The other point is it rewards Syd. The third point is that it gives him some AFL footy, which is better for him than VFL. That leads into the fourth point, which is that we might need him at some point, so it would be good if he's had a run. And the fifth point is he might show enough to stake a claim for being in the 22.

I expect someone will be struck down with awareness at halftime and Sydney will get 30-40 minutes.
What’s your next point Spook?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Still reckon he could dominate the AFL off half back like Rioli. Not a forward

Reactions: 2 users