Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He doesn’t have the engine to be a full time mid. Roll through…yeah…but he’s never gonna be a genuine full time mid like Prestia, Chimp etc. covering 12-14 klms with purpose, all game long.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They said that last year..
Things that are true generally remain true, Oldster. He made strides this year. Alongside Taranto, he can give our midfield real oomph. As always, it's up to him but I feel he's been moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He doesn’t have the engine to be a full time mid. Roll through…yeah…but he’s never gonna be a genuine full time mid like Prestia, Chimp etc. covering 12-14 klms with purpose, all game long.
So he can split time with Shai and Dusty.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You can if they're not professional. That remains Syd's biggest challenge 100%.

Stengle was cut from 2 clubs before making the most of his talent. I see Syd as a similar case. He's been given a lot of chances with us already.

I'll back the club on this decision.
Hasnt he already proven that this year? What more do they require from him?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Has he though?
Only the club will really know what his attitude and professionalism are like. I am sure he will be re-signed if they are up to scratch. But if they're not he might be in trouble.

It would be a great pity as he obviously has talent, and his agility and aggression would have been invaluable around the ball last night.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Has he though?
Only the club will really know what his attitude and professionalism are like. I am sure he will be re-signed if they are up to scratch. But if they're not he might be in trouble.

It would be a great pity as he obviously has talent, and his agility and aggression would have been invaluable around the ball last night.
Tell me what he has done to suggest he hasn’t?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Tell me what he has done to suggest he hasn’t?
I can't, cos all i see of Stacky is what i see when he plays VFL. I would guess most on here are in the same boat- except those who go to training, who see for him for an extra couple of hours each week. and I dont think his effort at training has been questioned.
It is what he does away from the club that might be the issue, and if the club is reluctant to re-sign him that is probably why.

Or there could be no issue, and he will be signed soon. Hopefully that is the case.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

You obviously haven't listened to at least 4 club officials at various points in the year publicly state or hint, (each in their own way), that Syd still had to learn what it takes to be a professional footballer and that extends to doing the required work in the off-season, general training and off-field standards as well, all of Tim Livingston, Steve Morris, Xavier Clarke and Hardwick have done so.
Has Syd shown them enough this year that he is slowly getting the picture?
Maybe, Dimma said he was in the frame 3 weeks ago but therein lies the issue, Syd has taken all year to get there, (it was the same last year).
Hope we keep him but it is pretty obvious what more they require from him and it starts with a good off-season.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You obviously haven't listened to at least 4 club officials at various points in the year publicly state or hint, (each in their own way), that Syd still had to learn what it takes to be a professional footballer and that extends to doing the required work in the off-season, general training and off-field standards as well, all of Tim Livingston, Steve Morris, Xavier Clarke and Hardwick have done so.
Has Syd shown them enough this year that he is slowly getting the picture?
Maybe, Dimma said he was in the frame 3 weeks ago but therein lies the issue, Syd has taken all year to get there, (it was the same last year).
Hope we keep him but it is pretty obvious what more they require from him and it starts with a good off-season.
That was all at the start of the year. He was an emergency a couple of weeks back. I would say he has met their requirements.
At what point do you go too far with trying to teach him a lesson?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We'll know if the club thinks he's learnt if he gets a contract. And then we'll find out if he actually has.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Stengle was cut from 2 clubs before making the most of his talent. I see Syd as a similar case. He's been given a lot of chances with us already.

Stengle only got cut by one club didn’t he. He left us after requesting a trade to Adelaide.

I thought we still wanted him, or am I wrong in that belief?

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That was all at the start of the year. He was an emergency a couple of weeks back. I would say he has met their requirements.
At what point do you go too far with trying to teach him a lesson?
Sounds like your are doubting that the club know what they are doing?, I don't.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sounds like your are doubting the club know what they are doing?, I don't.
Yeah I am. He was playing very good football in the VFL just prior to him breaking his cheekbone. Yet he was overlooked for less skilled footballers like Aarts and Castagna. He played a great game against West Cost early in the year but was then dropped.
We were shuffling Baker up forward trying to find that small forward but we had Stack right under our noses.

Reactions: 2 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Yeah I am. He was playing very good football in the VFL just prior to him breaking his cheekbone. Yet he was overlooked for less skilled footballers like Aarts and Castagna. He played a great game against West Cost early in the year but was then dropped.
We were shuffling Baker up forward trying to find that small forward but we had Stack right under our noses.
He's been solid but it's not like he's dominating in the 2's. If he was playing full midfield games every week and getting 30+ he'd be in the side by now. I'll be disappointed if he's not planning on spending the whole summer doing middle-distance olympic training.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He's been solid but it's not like he's dominating in the 2's. If he was playing full midfield games every week and getting 30+ he'd be in the side by now. I'll be disappointed if he's not planning on spending the whole summer doing middle-distance olympic training.
He could be someone who if he is fair dinkum, gets himself extremely fit and put his hand up as a Midfielder…