Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
A bit unlucky not to get in the side a few times this season, but I don't know what the behind the scenes plan for him is. He's on the brink so could still find his way in depending on what happens in finals.

Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Castagna will go when Dusty is back. Sheds to sub. However, I would have Stack as the sub and Sheds out. Bringing in the youth of Cumberland, Sonsie and MRJ has been massive. Stack would only add to the dynamic.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If Graham doesn’t get up

Play Stack. Just play him. Every finals team needs a bolter. A man the oppo did not account for.

Townsend in ‘17. Pickett in ‘19. To a lesser extent, Bolton and Balta in ‘20.

Stack needs the biggest stage. He just does.

If Graham doesn’t play, then bring Dusty and Stacky in.

Ross and Castagna out. Edwards sub.

Baker and Stack can rotate off that backline into the middle.

Yes, I’m well aware neither can really play full minutes in mid but as rotating shock troops in the middle I think it could work spectacularly well.

Just makes us look so dangerous and gives those centre bounces an adrenaline boost.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If Graham doesn’t get up

Play Stack. Just play him. Every final team needs a bolter. A man the oppo did not account for.

Townsend in ‘17. Pickett in ‘19. To a lesser extent, Bolton and Balta in ‘20.

Stack needs the biggest stage. He just does.

If Graham doesn’t play, then bring Dusty and Stacky in.

Ross and Castagna out. Edwards sub.

Baker and Stack can rotate off that backline into the middle.

Yes, I’m well aware neither can really play full minutes in mid but as rotating shock troops in the middle I think it could work spectacularly well.

Just makes us look so dangerous and gives those centre bounces an adrenaline boost.
Syd ain't in the picture for Elim final and his game in the VFL yesterday, (i was there watching live), was only fair to be honest and did not put his name up in lights except for that speckie.
If our VFL boys do make the finals a standout performance there could change things.
One thing I do want is to re-sign Syd on a 1 year contract and see him turn up in November and after the Christmas break in good nick, ready to train hard.
Enough of taking the whole season to get up to speed as he has in the last 2 years.
** His body language has been good as the season draws to a close so I have no issues there.

Reactions: 8 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Syd ain't in the picture for Elim final and his game in the VFL yesterday, (i was there watching live), was only fair to be honest and did not put his name up in lights except for that speckie.
If our VFL boys do make the finals a standout performance there could change things.
One thing I do want is to re-sign Syd on a 1 year contract and see him turn up in November and after the Christmas break in good nick, ready to train hard.
Enough of taking the whole season to get up to speed as he has in the last 2 years.
** His body language has been good as the season draws to a close so I have no issues there.
In fairness, Sydney doesn’t get selected whether he plays well or not Caesar.
The fact that he’s in a positive frame of mind speaks well of his character but he must be frustrated.
He’s been ready to go for months but the club must have a reprogramming initiative in place.
Like you, I’m looking forward to a fit and rejuvenated Stack in 2023

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I just found out that Syd is currently dating the daughter of a work colleague of mine.

I rang him today and said I want all the info you have on young Syd, or your performance review will not be pretty.

In all seriousness though, not sure how this works. She lives and works in Western Australia. Can't imagine they see much of each other.

• Wow

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
In fairness, Sydney doesn’t get selected whether he plays well or not Caesar.
The fact that he’s in a positive frame of mind speaks well of his character but he must be frustrated.
He’s been ready to go for months but the club must have a reprogramming initiative in place.
Like you, I’m looking forward to a fit and rejuvenated Stack in 2023
Dimma mentioned a couple of weeks ago he was close but he went to WA for a funeral.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I just found out that Syd is currently dating the daughter of a work colleague of mine.

I rang him today and said I want all the info you have on young Syd, or your performance review will not be pretty.

In all seriousness though, not sure how this works. She lives and works in Western Australia. Can't imagine they see much of each other.
Has he even been offered a new contract.
Especially now Ross is staying for another 2 yrs and Pickett comes off the Rookie list.
He would be hot property for some club.
1 yr deal $210k

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Has he even been offered a new contract.
Especially now Ross is staying for another 2 yrs and Pickett comes off the Rookie list.
He would be hot property for some club.
1 yr deal $210k
I might have stack colored classes but I'm on the edge here suffering for not knowing. I really want him to get another deal with us. We know his story. We know how he plays. He hasn't got it together. But I want the story to flourish with us. It'll kill me if he goes elsewhere and stars. I dig the personality. He represents all of us imature guys that didn't get it untill too late in life.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I might have stack colored classes but I'm on the edge here suffering for not knowing. I really want him to get another deal with us. We know his story. We know how he plays. He hasn't got it together. But I want the story to flourish with us. It'll kill me if he goes elsewhere and stars. I dig the personality. He represents all of us imature guys that didn't get it untill too late in life.

Agree, it’s bad enough watching Stengle play down at the chattery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
VFL R22 from Morris-

Sydney Stack (13 disposals, eight tackles, five marks, five inside-50s)

"The really pleasing aspect of Sydney's game was his tackle pressure. He had four in the first quarter and finished with eight, I thought he was desperate and he played great team footy. He always looks a step above the level, it's just a matter of seeing it consistently."

FWIW I'd assume Stack is a lock for next year.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
VFL R22 from Morris-

Sydney Stack (13 disposals, eight tackles, five marks, five inside-50s)

"The really pleasing aspect of Sydney's game was his tackle pressure. He had four in the first quarter and finished with eight, I thought he was desperate and he played great team footy. He always looks a step above the level, it's just a matter of seeing it consistently."

FWIW I'd assume Stack is a lock for next year.
It would be a really poor decision to let him go after investing soooo much time into him.
I think with the retirements and the delisting I can't see why/how they don't keep him

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No contract offered. He needs to be signed for next year. You just can’t let talent like that walk out your door.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No contract offered. He needs to be signed for next year. You just can’t let talent like that walk out your door.
You can if they're not professional. That remains Syd's biggest challenge 100%.

Stengle was cut from 2 clubs before making the most of his talent. I see Syd as a similar case. He's been given a lot of chances with us already.

I'll back the club on this decision.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Big pre-season required. Get a running coach, today. Midfield beckons if he can grasp it.