Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I don't know if Dusty got away for holidays or not, but seems to of been on hand yesterday to show Hopper around Punt Road Oval.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Not so sure he only had himself to blame.
Confident he’ll be picked up and played in the back line

#StengelMk2
Stengle was on our rookie list when he got a 3 year offer from Adelaide which he rightly accepted. It was at his second club that his behavioral issues surfaced.

On Stengle, he’ll be one to watch next year. Clearly had something to prove this year (not unlike Stack back in 2019) but can he maintain the standards he set himself going forward? The week in, week out grind of AFL undoes many a talented player. Just look at Stack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Syd is a peculiar case - a bit of Shoulda Coulda Woulda ...

it's a bit disappointing he's gone

Reactions: 6 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Not the first exceptional talent to fall by the wayside. Those first 10 games. Geeeez I thought we had a unicorn.

Reactions: 9 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not so sure he only had himself to blame.
Confident he’ll be picked up and played in the back line

#StengelMk2

Maybe. but he was a big part of this.

How many pre-seasons is it now where he has come in and is so far away from the fitness level he should be at?
The problem for Syd is that when he goes away from the footy club, he doesn't appear to have the desire to train to the level that he needs to, which means he comes back severely unfit and then has to play catchup for months.

Whether he learns from that remains to be seen, but are you saying that he shouldn't be the one to take responsibility for that?

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Stack has more talent In his little finger compared to duds like Brunh. But 1 gets traded for pick 19 and the delisted.
Clubs take attitude very seriously and Stack attitude during his 4 yrs at the club at times stunk.
WC will pick him in the ND

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Maybe. but he was a big part of this.

How many pre-seasons is it now where he has come in and is so far away from the fitness level he should be at?
The problem for Syd is that when he goes away from the footy club, he doesn't appear to have the desire to train to the level that he needs to, which means he comes back severely unfit and then has to play catchup for months.

Whether he learns from that remains to be seen, but are you saying that he shouldn't be the one to take responsibility for that?
I can’t help wondering what would have happened to Syd had we left him in the back line to prosper. He was dominating.
Everything turned to *smile* when they moved him forward.
Could have played in a Premiership.
We’ll never know of course.
Rest is history

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I expect Stackman to be picked up in the PSD or rookie draft and played in his position which is HB
If he wants to continue his AFL career I hope we get a chance to re rookie him

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Definitely agree with many of the posts that in many ways he’s probably brought this on himself
But I’m very very sad that the chance (dream perhaps?) to see him play 150 games for us has now gone

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not surprised, but still a tad disappointed. That run in 2019 was electric stuff.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can't agree on that whatsoever.
Then your logic must apply to all others who were delisted.
Why didn’t they all work harder to succeed?
Syd was no good during the off season. We all understand that. But that’s not the only reason he’s been delisted.
Hardwick wants express pace from his small forwards. Syd doesn’t have that.
He was never going to prosper in the small forward role at Richmond who require relentless, un rewarded pressure.

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Oh well maybe this will be the thing that makes him click and gets his *smile* together and takes the off season seriously and gets fit rather than slack off.

His playing position has been mentioned a million times during his time at Richmond but basically he has enough talent to be elite in every position and the only thing thats held him back was his inability to get his fitness to afl level before pre season and always behind the 8 ball when the team returned.

He either comes back and works his ass off to get another chance or becomes the next relton

Good luck to the kid and hope he gets another chance

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
A bit of a strange one.
Don't disagree with the cull at all.

More looking at it from the indigenous "brotherhood" aspect down there.
Would have thought more experienced heads in Shedds, Dan, Bolts, and Marly would have got into his ear re training standards, shape to arrive in after breaks etc. given the great culture and camaraderie the indigenous boys down there have created.
Maybe they intend to invite him to train for the last spot and absolutely flog him over summer and see if/how bad he wants it.
Thanks Syd.

Viney is breathing a sigh of relief as he counts and feels his ribs.