Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Just read someone on BF saying a close friend told him Stacky's gonna be delisted before this annoucement and has emptied his place in Melbourne which shows he's heading back to WA. WC or Freo only chance now.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh well maybe this will be the thing that makes him click and gets his *smile* together and takes the off season seriously and gets fit rather than slack off.

His playing position has been mentioned a million times during his time at Richmond but basically he has enough talent to be elite in every position and the only thing thats held him back was his inability to get his fitness to afl level before pre season and always behind the 8 ball when the team returned.

He either comes back and works his ass off to get another chance or becomes the next relton

Good luck to the kid and hope he gets another chance
Selfishly I hope he doesn't become the next Stengle and we see him doing what we thought he could do for us against us.

From LeeToRainesToRoach ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221013_174357_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013_174357_Messenger.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: 6 users
You’ll need to explain to me then why they didn’t select him when he had his run of strong performances in the VFL and was overlooked for Castagna.
Because he had a poor off season?
@caesar is like you, very rarely criticises anything to do with club (except when it comes to Stack, or Molan getting selected for our AFLW team, or people calling RCD "two-mums").

• Haha
Talent all in the world , but commitment is an issue year after year rocks up to preseason unfit then half the year playing catchup club gave him alot of chances.

Reactions: 2 users
You can only assume he let Dimma down one too many times in the end ,

And he just decided enough is enough

Reactions: 3 users
He had his good games in the vfl but , let's be honest through too many far in between I agree he should come in at times.

If he does get picked up by another club he will have a ripper first year with them simply to prove a point and then fade into oblivion. You gotta want it to make it. Stack would have been a star in the 80s but alas the game is all about professionalism now and if you dont put in the work you dont make it.

Think the club were also a little peeved after the incident that cost them thousands in staff salary cap and then for him not to at least put his head down and work hard he continually rocked up to pre season completely out of shape. That was a 2 finger salute each time to the coaches and you can only take so much

Reactions: 2 users
Syd, I'll never forget when you sat Viney on his arse. I jumped out of my seat, just like I did when Marlion did the blind turn in the GF.
Thanks for the memories Syd.

Reactions: 9 users
You’ll need to explain to me then why they didn’t select him when he had his run of strong performances in the VFL and was overlooked for promotion by Castagna.
Because he had a poor off season?
You would probably need to look behind the scenes, (i am not saying I know), for the reasons 1) he was not being picked & 2) why he was given the flick.
You and I have been at loggerheads over the journey on Syd which is fine, we do share common ground on many other issues.

I just don't understand why people doubt, (being the professional club that we are), that the decision being made is in the best interest of the club and that may be for a multitude of reasons.

Reactions: 9 users
You would probably need to look behind the scenes, (i am not saying I know), for the reasons 1) he was not being picked & 2) why he was given the flick.
You and I have been at loggerheads over the journey on Syd which is fine, we do share common ground on many other issues.

I just don't understand why people doubt, (being the professional club that we are), that the decision being made is in the best interest of the club and that may be for a multitude of reasons.
It's like what Brady Rawlings said when Horne Francis got traded out..'we have all the information.'

Us punters really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes day to day at the footy club.

Unlike Norf though our club has certainly earned the right to make the call on Sydney without criticism from me.

Reactions: 8 users
It's like what Brady Rawlings said when Horne Francis got traded out..'we have all the information.'

Us punters really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes day to day at the footy club.

Unlike Norf though our club has certainly earned the right to make the call on Sydney without criticism from me.
Sad but true.

Agree. He was told to do certain things and he ignored them, he has none else to blame but himself.. he was lucky he wasn't sacked in 2020.
Stack had 9 lives at Richmond and he used every one of them. let him try else where now

We did select Lennon ahead of Cripps and Griffens ahead of Fyfe so we don't get everything right.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users