Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Stengle wasn’t delisted. We offered him a contract, he asked for a trade to Adelaide for a longer contract and to be with Eddie betts.
Stengle is the pin up boy for why draftees need to be 20 yrs old.
The efforts of Clarke to draft him have gone to shitt because Stengle wasn't ready for AFL in 2018.
Different story if we brought him in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
The efforts of Clarke to draft him have gone to shitt because Stengle wasn't ready for AFL in 2018.
Couldn’t agree more. Most of the kids being drafted come straight out of a private school, not ever working at all or having any life experience. It does work for some, but I bet if a lot of others had the experience of having a full time job that isn’t an athlete, they may respect the chances they are given more.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
And some are ready at 18.

You don’t change something like that because some are not ready. These guys get a limited time as professional athletes and the fact that some are ready and some are not is just part of the lottery of recruiting.

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
And some are ready at 18.

You don’t change something like that because some are not ready. These guys get a limited time as professional athletes and the fact that some are ready and some are not is just part of the lottery of recruiting.
Agree. But some just take longer to mature

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hearld sun are reporting 21 clubs are after Stack because they want the next Stengle but they might end up with the next Troy Taylor.
Screenshot_20221102-083850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Hearld sun are reporting 21 clubs are after Stack because they want the next Stengle but they might end up with the next Troy Taylor.
View attachment 17376
A nice little promotional piece probably on behalf of his agent.
But it seems likely he will get a gig somewhere - and I suspect he’ll do OK
Just hope it’s at a non-Victorian club not really in great competition with us

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Isn't Stack 22? He is a youngin still.

It just sucks for us that we put in years of development, parenting, nurturing and tough love, education for this to all end the way it did.

What other clubs have available is a better version of Stack as a man and footballer.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
A nice little promotional piece probably on behalf of his agent.
But it seems likely he will get a gig somewhere - and I suspect he’ll do OK
Just hope it’s at a non-Victorian club not really in great competition with us
Its not going to be the WA teams. WC have ruled him out and I expected Freo will follow suit
I reckon Collingwood Nth Geelong and Essendon will go after him

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
At best this guy will play 1 decent season to "prove" us wrong (like he did to the rest of the AFL in year 1 with us).
Then when the emotion is out of it, he'll regress.
I think some people may struggle to understand the minimum effort required to be professional, but want to succeed badly.
However, I don't think "Hunger" is a switch you can flick on or off. You have it or you don't. I think Sid lacks the hunger. He seems to want all the benefits, but without the effort.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Isn't Stack 22? He is a youngin still.

It just sucks for us that we put in years of development, parenting, nurturing and tough love, education for this to all end the way it did.

What other clubs have available is a better version of Stack as a man and footballer.
It was RFC's doing that it ended the way it did. I'm not happy about it either but I trust Blair. He had to be either promoted to the main list or delisted. There was no third option.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Full of bs for me rocks up to every preseason unfit and even late to training before round 1.If only other kids had the same chances on an afl list.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
It was RFC's doing that it ended the way it did. I'm not happy about it either but I trust Blair. He had to be either promoted to the main list or delisted. There was no third option.
Exactly, they get to interact with him daily or regularly so they know what is going on. This is what GWS and GC supporters must feel like, they are a breeding ground and nursery for other clubs.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Very sad to lose Syd A Knee.
Now he's probably got an axe to grind with Richmond.
These guys get cut, then they get cut! If you catch my drift.
Stengle the same.
Suddenly got motivation to stick it up the doubters and 1st club.
Here's a thought.
Apply yourself from the get go.
Agree with an earlier post that you sense that he doesn't want to do the hard yards.
So sad.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Very sad to lose Syd A Knee.
Now he's probably got an axe to grind with Richmond.
These guys get cut, then they get cut! If you catch my drift.
Stengle the same.
Suddenly got motivation to stick it up the doubters and 1st club.
Here's a thought.
Apply yourself from the get go.
Agree with an earlier post that you sense that he doesn't want to do the hard yards.
So sad.

Stengle is a totally different story left for opportunity as we had the 3 smalls at the time.

Reactions: 2 users