Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

When was the last time a player we 'Cut' actually came back to bite us ?
Stengle wanted to leave and we facilitated his desire as it was best for him at the time and he would not have been delisted otherwise
Ottens
Maxfield
Lambert
Barling

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
When was the last time a player we 'Cut' actually came back to bite us ?
Stengle wanted to leave and we facilitated his desire as it was best for him at the time and he would not have been delisted otherwise
How about David Rodan - was delisted then picked up by Port and played in a grand final albeit a losing one. Was pretty dirty on Richmond fc for delisting him, as he was one of my favs.

Reactions: 2 users
How about David Rodan - was delisted then picked up by Port and played in a grand final albeit a losing one. Was pretty dirty on Richmond fc for delisting him, as he was one of my favs.
Mitch Morton played in a flag at Sydney after we delisted him.

Reactions: 2 users
Morton & Rodan

Just goes to show how well our club is run these days and how good our coaches are at NOT cutting players that may still have the ability to make us a better team

Reactions: 1 users
Seems odd to me that Stack wasn't given another year. Maybe there were more behavioural issues. Or maybe it was just clear that he would never had the desire required.
Think we made a blue here.
I thought his efforts in the 2nd half of the year should have been enough to get him a game in the 1’s. I still have hopes that he
is working hard and that Dimma rewards him with another chance.

Reactions: 5 users
Stengle asked for a trade we facilitated
Richmond didnt cut him
That was Adelaide. Hardly anyone seems to refer to Stengle as an ex Adelaide player. It’s like people keep saying we recruited Caddy from GC. He left GC at the end of 2012 and was with Geelong until we traded for him.

Reactions: 1 user
Brian Wood played in a premiership for the Bongers in 85, we didn't cut him though.

"We" didn't but GR might as well have, he gave the Bummers Woody's phone number & said he was "available"

GR did that with lots of our players during his time, none of them felt safe. A lot said about it in Balmeys book.

"We" didn't but GR might as well have, he gave the Bummers Woody's phone number & said he was "available"

GR did that with lots of our players during his time, none of them felt safe. A lot said about it in Balmeys book.
I read the book as well TT and as you say the take on the demise of RFC post the Hafey era is pretty damning on GR.
Interesting that Balmey mentions he was also asked to have a chat about coaching us when he was at Norwood in the 80s and wasn’t interested due to the revolving door of coaches in those days.