Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

10/1 .. were a professional club these days and he has talent , its about discipline and application . He has a good chance to make it with our system if he wants to be an AFL footballer badly enough .

The big question is are we going to add him as a rookie ?

fastin bulbous said:
Yes they are both aboriginal but no comparison in skill level, preparedness. I don’t see the point in the comparison. Stack was aa.

If you want youtube link, try this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0BsgJxw208

Harry means relton would eat Sydney (the player)... I think.

Sorry harry- I live my life in Arnhem Land- manage the only corporation on the community with true governance- see too much death and racism- came to Darwin for a root canal and got smashed- am a dill

fastin bulbous said:
Sorry harry- I live my life in Arnhem Land- manage the only corporation on the community with true governance- see too much death and racism- came to Darwin for a root canal and got smashed- am a dill

Sounds like an adventure.

fastin bulbous said:

Yeah im with Fb.

Theres something about this kid

Edit: Just realised what it is.

Hes black and hes called Sydney.

He'll win the Norm Smith.

Anyone know some back story? Where are there stacks of stacks?

fastin bulbous said:

Next trip to the big smoke, skype mrs H

Remember our recruiting manager Matt Clarke was a member of the U/18 AA Selection panel he’s au fait with Sydney’s ability and what he could bring to Richmond.
He’s a massive free kick for us, sure high maintenance but between Dimma,Mrs H,Daniel,Shai,Luke English his team mate and fellow AA from WA and the coaching staff particularly X ,I reckon theirs a good chance they’ll pull it off and we could end up with an A grade player for nixy.
By all accounts Sydney has talent to burn is hard at it and plays Angry-can’t wait to see him in the yellow & black.
A massive coup if we pull it off and just think of the likely reaction from the Eagles & the Dockers-they will spew!!!

Brimmy said:
Remember our recruiting manager Matt Clarke was a member of the U/18 AA Selection panel he’s au fait with Sydney’s ability and what he could bring to Richmond.
He’s a massive free kick for us, sure high maintenance but between Dimma,Mrs H,Daniel,Shai,Luke English his team mate and fellow AA from WA and the coaching staff particularly X ,I reckon theirs a good chance they’ll pull it off and we could end up with an A grade player for nixy.
By all accounts Sydney has talent to burn is hard at it and plays Angry-can’t wait to see him in the yellow & black.
A massive coup if we pull it off and just think of the likely reaction from the Eagles & the Dockers-they will spew!!!
Given his apparent background, perhaps his best chance is to grow up outside of Perth in a good environment. I reckon Eagles and Dockers would simply be happy to see a local boy from the wrong side of the tracks succeed in the AFL.

Brimmy said:

You may be a relative virgin around these parts, but I like the cut of your jib.
Welcome

Cheers DA I’ve been following the Posts on PRE for the best part of a year now and have enjoyed being informed by people like yourself, Bulus, Spook, Turk d Tiger, Caesar and many other knowledgeable posters,its been great.
i’ve always lived in Hobart and have barracked for Richmond since 1953.
I well remember Graeme Richmond recruiting Royce for a new Suit & 6 Shirts-they were the days;now we have the National Draft which for 2018 has been a success for RFC although I’m with Bully we should have used a “future” pick and grabbed Bailey Wiiiams and Luke Valente or Jack Bytel.
Still I’m happy with our haul and Sydney Stack just might be the cherry on top.We could still have used our 2020 First to jemmy Hopper out of GWS -perhaps I’m a bit too greedy-actually we’ve done pretty well & the recruiting team should be congratulated.
Somebody posted in the days leading up to the draft that we needed Mids,Mids & more Mids.I think our Recruiters were listening.

TigerForce said:
Big gamble from Dimma. What's the logic in this?
This kid is going to move in with him so he will be able to see first hand whether this kid has what it takes

Brimmy said:

Yep, good to see us on the front foot and at least attempting to exploit the ever-changing rules.

turk-d-tiger said:
So is this confirmed yet ? has the club offered him a place and has he accepted it ?
Sumich looks to be a massive fan

Well if tomorrow it is officially announced that Stackman will be training withe the Tige's I hope Sumich knows what he is talking about.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-dr...ges-clubs-to-pick-sydney-stack-ng-b881027519z

WA under-18 coach Peter Sumich has labelled Sydney Stack the State’s brightest talent in this year’s draft crop, saying he will be astonished if the Perth midfielder is denied his AFL dream.

But the 18-year-old received glowing endorsement from West Coast legend Sumich, who rated Stack as tough as any indigenous player he had seen.

“We talk about Jordy Clark and Ian Hill and I’ll go out on a limb ... I think this kid is the best of what I’ve seen in our batch of 18s talent-wise and ability to play the game at a capacity of AFL level, which is hard and fast and tough — this kid has got it all,” Sumich said.

“Unfortunately, a little bit of off-field stuff comes into play and that’s why you see him drift a little bit here and there in calculations.

“I had him in the top 10 prior to the under-18 carnival and I still did even after that because I don’t think he was fully fit and he still played a really good role in his three games.

Sumich left Stack out of WA’s first game of the national championships for disciplinary reasons, but he bounced back to be an All-Australian and impress in three league games for Perth.

“Hopefully he learnt something by it,” Sumich said.

“I stuck by my guns to leave him out and then he played the last three and I thought he played really well with a great attitude.

Mr Brightside said:
So SS will head over for a couple of weeks , stay with Dimma, then head back to WA for Xmas, then return for approximately 8 weeks before we would have to make a decision on him, what a perfect trial

If Stack has family issues and wants to escape the state to get away from his troubles I would prefer he stays with the Hardwicks over Christmas rather than returning home to WA. Maybe he can take a holiday to the Top End with DRioli where he can also meet his 2021 team mate MJR ;). For the greater good Daniel should leave Mia behind with Fev.

caesar said:
If Stack has family issues and wants to escape the state to get away from his troubles I would prefer he stays with the Hardwicks over Christmas rather than returning home to WA. Maybe he can take a holiday to the Top End with DRioli where he can also meet his 2021 team mate MJR ;). For the greater good Daniel should leave Mia behind with Fev.
Good call