Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Looks in good nick. All I wanted was an uninterrupted preseason. Just miles in the legs. Considering this time last year he was behind bars, it’s an incredible turnaround. Deserves all the credit. Really excited by Stacky in 2022.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I wouldn't be unhappy to see him play as a reliable defender again this year, even though I know he'll be great wherever he plays.

The highs of becoming a star goal kicker come with risks that demand maturity. But if he does play forward, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a star-making moment similar to Jack's 10 in 2010.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Im thinking we will see SS get more midfield time and play HFF

We have drafted Banks , Brown who would be more likely to be trained as HBF and long term take the role houli vacated
specially Brown

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

We have drafted Banks , Brown who would be more likely to be trained as HBF and long term take the role houli vacated
specially Brown

I agree. I'm actually quite excited about our forward line this year.

Teague knows how to get a forward line functioning, and we all know that over the last 4 years thats probably been our weakest area of the ground. Get that up and running, and this forward line looks scary good.

Edwards Riewoldt Balta
Stack Lynch Castagna

Having Dusty and Shai rotate through there as well just makes it even more dynamic.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looks in good nick. All I wanted was an uninterrupted preseason. Just miles in the legs. Considering this time last year he was behind bars, it’s an incredible turnaround. Deserves all the credit. Really excited by Stacky in 2022.
Yep looking forward to some serious action from one of the most naturally talented players on our list.

He knows he's good enough he's already got the T shirt, just needs to get it on and keep it on.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

specially Brown
I hope Banks and Brown are as good in the air as Stack. I am hearing Brown is very strong but haven’t seen it for myself yet.
We all know Short and Mansell have been exposed overhead and it’s such an advantage for a defender who can not only compete with their opponents who are good in the air but can intercept and win their own contests.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I hope Banks and Brown are as good in the air as Stack. I am hearing Brown is very strong but haven’t seen it for myself yet.
We all know Short and Mansell have been exposed overhead and it’s such an advantage for a defender who can not only compete with their opponents who are good in the air but can intercept and win their own contests.

Brown is very strong in his marking and his timing/intercepting is impeccable.

Syd this pre-season has been training predominately forward and that is where I want him, would need to get fitter if he was looking for midfield time.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Brown is very strong in his marking and his timing/intercepting is impeccable.

Syd this pre-season has been training predominately forward and that is where I want him, would need to get fitter if he was looking for midfield time.
The fitness may come with consistent pre seasons. Took Dusty a few to build a tank and this is Syd’s first uninterrupted one, really.

Reactions: 1 users