Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Trade Value would be Sydney and late pick Freo for an earlier pick . Tiges then Bundle up two picks and a player for Hopper . Which we get Hopper
Nah don't agree.

Any club would be looking at Stack's talent but then assessing whether they could actually tap into that talent and turn him into a regular AFL player. That is a major risk for any club given his back story and my feeling is that even if he was delisted the best he could hope for would be a rookie spot somewhere.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Reads the play so well off the HB line :love:
Thats his ideal position with licence to roam upto forward 50

So by next season that highlight reel will be four years old. He's worth nothing in a trade - absolutely nada. Zip. Zilch.

See no harm in keeping him on the list, reasonable VFL player now. Can't see him changing his ways and having a good preseason but you never know I guess.

Shame, the kid is a real talent as we know.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Nah don't agree.

Any club would be looking at Stack's talent but then assessing whether they could actually tap into that talent and turn him into a regular AFL player. That is a major risk for any club given his back story and my feeling is that even if he was delisted the best he could hope for would be a rookie spot somewhere.

Yeah. Given our previous delistings have usually not been picked up (IIRC) I think they look at our development program as pretty good and don't see much upside. Stengle I guess the exception?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Invite you to the going away party . Souvlaki and a night out on the Gold Coast should do the trick . Oh how much was that fine again and impact on soft cap again . Spare me
You know where you can stick your souvlaki?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Do yourself a favour and watch 13 mins of Syds highlights from 2019 and tell me he's not worth one last shot. He could nearly be our best player if he puts it together.

I want to see this guy again in 2023.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Do yourself a favour and watch 13 mins of Syds highlights from 2019 and tell me he's not worth one last shot. He could nearly be our best player if he puts it together.

Thats 13 minutes of pure football brilliance.
You don’t lose ability.
Stack could be a bona fide A grade player if he can somehow find his mojo again.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Good luck to him if he gets another 1 year life line

if he does it will be his last and unless he comes back to the club in pristine condition he will spend the last year of AFL trying to catch upto the rest of the boys all year and will rot away at VFL level

all in his hands but the call thhe club needs to make is do we delist and re rookie

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
So by next season that highlight reel will be four years old. He's worth nothing in a trade - absolutely nada. Zip. Zilch.

See no harm in keeping him on the list, reasonable VFL player now. Can't see him changing his ways and having a good preseason but you never know I guess.

Shame, the kid is a real talent as we know.
Yeah, he's not worth anything in a trade. We either give him one last shot or he's done in the AFL.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I would have thought RFC was the right club to get the best out of Stack. Still, some players don't actually get the best out of themselves till they have been shown the door and then when thrown a lifeline they "wake up". As a fan, had such high hopes. Still hope he has a career in footy, wish him well regardless if it isn't with RFC.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If we get Hopper over the line , Syd will be gone . As we will need to trade player/ players out to get a deal done with GWS . Otherwise we can’t get trades done
The Hopper trade will depend on Stacks trade currency? He might be part of a trade and he may go who knows, but that is a ridiculous stretch.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The Hopper trade will depend on Stacks trade currency? He might be part of a trade and he may go who knows, but that is a ridiculous stretch.
Stack has no currency

He was free to good home when he arrived and less now after 4 years
if correct that he has been delisted and is still available at a Rookie selection i wouldnt mind giving him another year but doesnt deserve a senior list spot and thats most likely why he has been delisted if true.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If Kingsley thinks Stack has potential, he could easily be the steak knives to close the deal